West End Watch Co was founded in 1886 in Bombay by the Swiss company Droz & Amstutz. This company acted as distributor of the watches manufactured by Alcide Droz & Fils in the Swiss Jura and sold in India under the West End brand name.
In 1917, the SociÉtÉ des Montres West End SA was formed in Geneva in order to promote the marketing of the brand name throughout the world.
In the course of the following decades, West End established itself as an outstanding brand of Swiss watches, producing millions of wristwatches for markets ranging from the Red Sea to China.
In 2001, the brand was taken over and transferred to Leytron, in the Canton of Valais, in the heart of the Swiss Alps. To mark the one hundred and twentieth anniversary of the brand name, West End Watch Co has decided to relaunch the ‘Queen Anne’ watch in a new contemporary edition.
This new edition, still retains the pure lines and special features of the original, created in the first decade of the 20th century, in particular its arched brackets and its thick flat bevelled glass, which today is formed from scratchproof sapphire crystal.
Source: Europa Star April-May 2009 Magazine Issue