On 7 December 1845, Ferdinand A. Lange established the first production facility for pocket watches in Glashütte, in the Saxony région of Germany. His sons Emil and Richard later took over the responsibility for the company after their father’s death and built A. Lange & Söhne into a renowned watchmaking company. After the division of Germany following World War II, the company was appropriated by the German Democratic Republic. Walter Lange revived the brand after German réunification in 1990. Within four years, A. Lange & Söhne presented its first collection of wristwatches: the Lange 1, the Saxonia, the Tourbillon “Pour le Mérite” and the Arkade.
The collection has since been extended to include such legendary timepieces as the Richard Lange, the Langematik and the Datograph.