Ulysse Nardin (1823-1876) established his manufacture in 1846, in Le Locle. He was trained by William Dubois, a specialist in precision watches, and won “The Prize Medal” in 1862 at the International Exhibition in London. His company later became a leader in the production of pocket chronometers. Even after the death of Ulysse, the brand continued to win numerous international awards, in particular for its marine chronometers. Moreover, this maritime universe became the symbol of the brand, stamped with an anchor. In 1983, a group of investors purchased Ulysse Nardin, which still today is based in its original premises! The emblems of the brand are its Marine and Maxi Marine collections.