- G-SHOCK GPW-1000 by Casio
In 1983, an engineer’s passion to create an ‘unbreakable watch’ brought about the launch of the first G-SHOCK. Since then, this ever-evolving timepiece, using ‘toughness’ as its platform, has incorporated advanced technology and developed an amazing series of features.
In its continued quest for the ultimate in toughness, the Triple G Resist construction of the G-SHOCK GPW-1000 features a reinforced structure to resist shocks, centrifugal force, and vibrations. A high strength and durability carbon fibre insert band, and a bezel with scratch-resistant DLC coating, ensure a level of toughness to withstand the harshest of environments.
Additionally, using CASIO’s latest technology, this timepiece has increased its time-keeping accuracy by creating a unique hybrid system that captures GPS signals and radio wave time-calibration signals transmitted from six stations throughout the world. Whether the watch is in a dense forest or amongst desert dunes, marine environments or surrounded by buildings, the GPW-1000 keeps accurate time.
As flagship of G-SHOCKs Gravitymaster series the watch uses ultra-small motors for the hand drive mechanism to secure the space to mount the hybrid timekeeping system. To compensate for increased power consumption, the Casio G-SHOCK GPW-1000 features a new low-power consumption, high-performance GPS LSI, as well as a new shape of solar cell with high-efficiency output. Other features include a ceramic GPS antenna and fine resin case for high signal sensitivity and shock resistance.
ABSOLUTE IN ACCURATE TIME KEEPING, ALL THE TIME
• Receives GPS signals for accurate time and automatic daylight savings adjustment.
Obtains location and time information using GPS signals: the watch references internal global map data in 500-metre resolution grids, to automatically adjust to the local time zone based on location information, and correct for daylight savings.
• Receives radio wave time-calibration signals in both interior and exterior locations.
Receives radio wave time-calibration signals transmitted from six stations worldwide (two in Japan and one each in North America, UK, Germany, and China) and in coverage areas, displays accurate time, even when indoors or surrounded by buildings.
• Hybrid system displays accurate time anywhere in the world.
Casio developed an algorithm that uses and analyses the location information based on GPS signals and radio wave time-calibration signals. Receiving time information is prioritized by radio wave signals in radio wave coverage areas and GPS signals in non-coverage areas.
• Easy- to-use hybrid system
Keeps time automatically using GPS signals and radio wave time-calibration signals. GPS signals are received when relocating to a place with GPS signal coverage, while radio wave time-calibration signals are received at night. When travelling to a different time zone, pressing a button quickly obtains the current location. It takes just seven seconds to a minute for the watch to get accurate time from GPS signal time information.
• Dual time display for travelling abroad
Dual time simultaneously displays the time in two separate cities - the current local time and a second time zone at a glance using the minute/hour hands and inset dial.
• Advanced Triple G Resist construction
The new G-SHOCK GPW-1000 employs Triple G Resist construction to withstand shocks, centrifugal force and vibrations, delivering the toughness expected of a G-SHOCK watch with accurate time anywhere in the world.
• Durable carbon fibre insert band
The carbon fibre insert band features resin reinforced by a carbon fibre insert to ensure strength and durability.
• Scratch-resistant DLC coating
The metal bezel features a hard diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating that is both scratch-resistant and sophisticated in appearance.
- Fine Resin Frame
• GPS signal sensitivity and toughness
The watch features a ceramic circular polarized antenna to receive GPS signals together with an enlarged dial, making it sensitive enough to be able to receive time information. The case frame is reinforced with strengthened fine resin so that the enlarged dial can be housed without increasing the case size. These refinements achieve the toughness that is expected in a G-SHOCK watch of a modest size.
• Module with built-in GPS antenna
The watch employs an ultra-small motor for the movement that drives the hands to create the necessary space for the GPS antenna and LSI. The GPS antenna, GPS LSI, and ultra-small movement are contained in a single module to achieve tough Triple G Resist construction.
• Low power consumption
The G-SHOCK GPW-1000 features shadow-dispersing solar cells that resourcefully receive light and a low-power GPS LSI for an efficient supply of power. Solar drive enables the watch to receive GPS signals thus avoiding battery drain and the low power consumption design makes it possible to employ high-luminosity LEDs, making the watch more practical and user-friendly.
- DLC coating Bezel / Sapphire Crystal
• The G-Shock GPW-1000 is the world’s first wristwatch to use a hybrid system capable of receiving GPS signals and radio wave signals.
• By combining the reception of these radio signals and the GPS satellite signals, the watch can display the exact time – regardless of changes between summer and winter time – anywhere on the planet.
• Using Multi-Band 6 technology to receive the radio waves in the areas covered by this system (which is in turn controlled by atomic clocks and relayed by powerful antennas), it automatically switches to GPS reception where the signal is no longer available.
• The G-SHOCK’s Multi-Mission Drive enables each watch hand to perform multiple functions.
• The watch is fitted with a very low-energy GPS LSI chip that has been specifically developed together with Sony for use in a wristwatch. It is also equipped with a new shape of solar cell and motors that are 26 per cent smaller than before.
• These combined advancements have allowed Casio to create a high-performance device in the form of a classic analogue watch that is user-friendly whilst maintaining outstanding readability.
• The G-Shock GPW-1000 features: 40 time zones; stopwatch functions; countdown timer; alarm; calendar, power reserve indicator; solar-charging function; shock and vibration resistant and resistance to centrifugal gravitational force; water-resistant to 200 metres.
• A professional pilots watch with advanced hybrid GPS technology for absolute precision. Presenting the G-Shock Gravitymaster GPW-1000. Made to resist the world’s most challenging environments.
For more detail information, please visit world.g-shock.com/hybrid