In April 2015, Burberry will introduce The Britain Icon Check collection. Featuring two exclusive models designed by Burberry Chief Creative and Executive Officer Christopher Bailey - a numbered limited edition for men and a made to order piece for women - the collection takes its inspiration from the trench coat’s iconic check lining. First introduced in the 1920s, the check motif is reinterpreted in precious materials, set and assembled by hand in Switzerland.
With a 45mm DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coated titanium case, the men’s timepiece features a woven check-shaped skeleton dial and a mechanical movement with manual winding.
The anthracite grid, used as a dial, is designed to replicate a woven check fabric through a process of swaging and a vertical satin finish. Below the grid, a smoked sapphire crystal allows visibility of the mechanical movement with manual winding; plates feature the prestigious Côtes de Genève decoration. Despite the multi-layered construction of the watch and large case diameter, the overall design is slim. The DLC-coating on the titanium case gives optimum protection and enhances the polished and brushed finish of the case.
The Britain Icon Check for men is limited to 20 numbered pieces. (SM)
CASE AND DIAL
- 45mm DLC-coated brushed and polished Titanium Case
- Anthracite Woven Check grid skeleton dial
- Anti-reflective, scratch and shock-resistant sapphire crystal
- Dimensions 44.8 x 49.7 x 10mm
- 22mm lug width
- Screw-down case back
- 5 ATM/50 meters water resistance
- Swiss Made mechanical movement with manual winding
- Hours, minutes, seconds and date functions
- Modified ETA 2824-2 (11.5 ligne, 17 jewels, 28,800bph)
- ‘Cotes de Genève’ decoration on the bridges
- Black Alligator strap with deployant buckle
- Limited Edition series of 20 numbered pieces