The Tempus Terrae is the fifth Limited Edition World Time Watch (with indication of different time zones) created by Andersen Genève. The first one, baptized the “Communication”, was launched in 1990.
Over a century before that, in 1884 more precisely, the very honourable Sandford Flemming invented the 24 time zones that are used to tell time across the globe. In 1930, Louis Cottier, a watchmaker from Geneva, developed a complication for pocket watches to display multiple time zones. This complication was introduced on a wrist watch in 1950.
The new World Time watch by Andersen Genève will commemorate the first World Time Watch with two crowns developed by Louis Cottier in the 50’s. “One of the most beautiful world time watches ever created”, the brand proudly announced.
The Tempus Terrae carries Andersen Genève’s distinctive features: aesthetic simplicity, a very sober and classy watch case in gold, “A” shaped Andersen hands, and an exclusive “Blue Gold” guilloché main dial.
This timepiece also offers personalisation alternatives: bespoke options such as a special city name or having any desired text engraved on the dust cover case back. (SM)
- Movement: High quality automatic movement upgraded by Andersen Genève with time zones complication module developed and produced in the atelier
- Rotor: “Blue Gold” guilloché main
- Technical Data: 4Hz (28’000A/h) with 48 hours power reserve
- Case: Yellow (2N), pink (5N) and white gold with hunter case back
- Diameter: 39 mm
- Height; 8.9mm
- Width between lugs: 20 mm
- Two sapphire glasses
- Dial: Multi-part, with one rotating ring displaying 24 hours’ time zones with day/night coloration in dark blue and silvery white metal
- Center disc: 18mm in 21ct “Blue Gold” with guilloché main “écaille” or “tapisserie”
- World time zone scale on a silvery white metal disc with dark blue city names; personalisation available on colours and names of the cities
- Hands: “A” Andersen shaped 18ct yellow (2N), pink (5N) and white gold
- Strap: Hand-stitched alligator leather with 18ct buckle or 18ct fold-over clasp in yellow (2N), pink (5N) and white gold