This new edition of the brand’s most poplar chronograph model expresses a fresh and powerful look that adds to the series’ already strong performance.
For the last decade, the Freelancer has been Raymond Weil’s most popular chronograph series. The independent watchmaker prioritized a sporty yet sophisticated look for the series. And matching the well designed watch with a price tag of around 2,000 Swiss francs made it an instant hit.
The luxury Swiss watchmaker has just unveiled the newest edition to the successful series, which looks to be just as sporty and arguably more sophisticated than the earlier Freelancer models.
The first thing that stood out for me with this new timepiece is the fact that the brand’s designers have opted for a more subtle take on the iconic panda dial. The three black counters are found stacked on the left side of the dial, laid on a well-proportioned gray dial.
Adding more life to the dial is the contrasting texture between the dial and the fluted stainless steel bezel. Such design choices makes the watch wear a bit dressier than it actually is, ensuring that this new Freelancer would be equally fit for an evening out.
The strong look is matched by decent robustness, thanks to the 42.5mm steel case, which is water resistant to 100 meters. Under the hood we get a Swiss mechanical self-winding movement that provides a 46-hour power reserve.
The new watch comes in several different styles, most notable being the silver-toned or black dials, matched with either a sporty bracelet or a more dressy leather strap option.
- Chronograph - RW5000
- Power-Reserve 46 hours
- Jewels 25
- Central hours and minutes, small seconds hand at 9 o’clock Date and day windows at 3 o’clock
- Start, stop and restart using push-button at 2 o’clock Reset using push-button at 4 o’clock
- Central chronograph hand
- 30 minutes counter at 3 o’clock
- 12 hours counter at 6 o’clock
- Round – Polished and satin finished stainless steel Diameter: 42mm
- Thickness: 13.85mm
- Polished steel – screwed-down and fluted with RW monogram
- Fluted polished stainless steel bezel
- Sapphire crystal with dual-sided antiglare treatment
- Water resistance 10 ATM
- Silver galvanic encircled by grooves, slate grey counters, small second counter at 9 o’clock surrounded by an applique fixed by a screw, luminescent indexes
- Brown genuine calf leather strap, RW folding clasp with double push-security system