wiss and international watch brands are invited to submit their entries for the 22nd edition of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG). The competition is open for entries until 24 June 2022 via the dedicated digital platform.
The GPHG Academy, which currently encompasses 650 industry stakeholders, has kicked off this new edition by proposing several hundred watches for the competition. The watch brands concerned then decide whether or not to confirm the participation of the watches proposed by the Academy and may enter other watches of their choice in the competition. In addition, all brands can make spontaneous entries via the dedicated digital platform.
By way of reminder, the 2022 competition sees the introduction of three significant new features:
- A new “Mechanical Clock” category opens the competition to time-measuring instruments such as longcase clocks and table clocks.
- The Chronometry Prize is back to reward a timepiece delivering remarkable precision timekeeping performance certified by a recognised inspection authority.
- In addition, sustainability has been added to the list of criteria that may be saluted this year within the context of the Innovation Prize.
The list of the 15 categories and the awards for which timepieces are vying in 2022, along with the details of the competition, are laid out in the Rules of the 2022 edition. Following the entry of models by the brands, the Academy will hold a first round of voting this summer in order to choose the nominated watches, then take part in a second vote at the beginning of November to determine the 2022 prize list alongside the Jury, itself drawn from the Academy.
A strategic instrument for promoting the industry’s new products, the GPHG enables an international audience to follow the evolution of the art of watchmaking through a competition culminating in the awards ceremony, which will take place this year on Thursday 10 November at the Théâtre du Léman in Geneva.
- 2022 entries: https://www.gphg.org/horlogerie/en/gphg-2022/entries
- Rules of the 2022 edition: https://www.gphg.org/horlogerie/en/gphg-2022/rules
- Presentation of the Academy: https://www.gphg.org/horlogerie/fr/academie/presentation