rganized by the Luxury Venture Group, together with eBay as a headline partner, the 5th edition of the Luxury Innovation Summit was a vibrant convergence of luxury brands, innovative startups, investors, scholars, media professionals, and international exhibitors.
The Summit attracted over 500 attendees from over 20 countries – from iconic luxury brands to emerging talent, and all gathered in one venue to redefine the future of luxury. Four winners of the Luxury Innovation Awards 2023 edition were announced from 122 entries from 24 countries at the Summit, selected by an international jury in a rigorous three-month process.
The official inauguration of the 2023 Luxury Innovation Summit was held on Monday, 18 September 2023, at 6:00 pm CET at Palexpo in the presence of representatives of the cantonal and municipal authorities of Geneva, speakers, finalists, exhibitors, attendees and guests.
- Deependra Pandey, CEO at Luxury Venture Group and Founder of the Luxury Innovation Summit
The final pitching session of the 2023 Luxury Innovation Awards took place on 19 and 20 September in Geneva at the Luxury Innovation Summit.
Under the patronage of the President of the Jury, Stanislas de Quercize – the attendees of the Summit and the jury members selected one winner for each of the four award categories.
Luxury Fashion and Design
Winner: Maison Maleh from France
Technology, Innovation, and e-Commerce in Luxury
Winner: AirParfum from Spain
Winner: ProjectEx PTE Ltd from Singapore
Category Luxury Watches and Jewellery
Winner: Aaltas from Switzerland
- The Luxury Innovation Awards 2023 winners on stage
List of Jury, 2023 Edition:
• Tirath Kamdar, General Manager of Global Luxury at eBay
• Sophy Rindler, Watches at eBay
• Gerald Aigenbauer Interim Chief Architect and Head of M&A Integr. at Richemont
• Pedro Lopez Belmonte, Web3 and Technology Innovation Senior Manager at Richemont
• Stanislas de Quercize, Board Member, Founder, and President of SAVIH
• Andrea Machalova, Deputy Editor in Chief and Head at Bilan Luxe
• Suzanne Wong, Editor-in-Chief at WorldTempus
• Jean-Marie Schaller, CEO and Creative Director at Louis Moinet
• Violaine Gressier, Global Industry Head, Luxury and Beauty, at Meta – Facebook
• Cristiano Busetto, Head of Blockchain and Off-price Sales Manager at OTB Group
• François Arpels, CEO and Senior Adviser to Luxury brands
• Laetitia Roche-Grenet, Director of Open Innovation at LVMH
• Claudio Marenzi, President at Herno
• Isabelle Bonfanti, Global Chief Commercial Officer, Luxury Brands, at Coty
• Karine Szegedi, Managing Partner for the Consumer Industry and Fashion and Luxury Lead at Deloitte Switzerland
• Emma Newell, Senior Commercial Director, Sport and Entertainment, EMEA, at Getty Images
• Sylvain Lévy, Co-owner of DSL Collection
• Serge Maillard, Publisher at Europa Star HBM
For the first time this year, a special competition named the Young Talents Award has also been opened to advanced students or recent graduates having a disrupting project for the luxury industry but whose company still needs to be formed.
This year, the international jury composed of highly regarded scholars specialised in luxury has selected Pierre Coutaz and Guillaume Bonneau, students at EPFL in Lausanne and leading the Time Designers project, as the winners of the 2023 Luxury Innovation Young Talents Award.
- Pierre Coutaz and Guillaume Bonneau, Time Designers, winners of Young Talent Awards
The 5th Luxury Innovation Summit 2023 also offered an expansive and multidimensional agenda to stimulate innovative thought across the luxury sector.
The speakers explored the following topics at dedicated panels:
• Disrupting the Luxury Fashion Industry: Focused on the innovations reshaping design, technology, and sustainability in the fashion world. Joined by: Diana Verde Nieto, CEO of Positive Luxury, and Claudio Marenzi, former CEO and President of Herno.
• Enhancing Luxury Beauty: A deep dive into personalised, cutting-edge approaches to meet evolving consumer demands. Joined by: Violaine Gressier, Global Industry Head – Luxury and Beauty, at Meta – Facebook and Simone Gibertoni, CEO at Clinique La Prairie.
• Timeless Luxury in Watches and Jewellery: Examining the evolution and technological advancements in collecting and investing in these ageless luxury items. Joined by: Pablo Richard, Co-Owner of Cyrus Watches, Roberto Marino, Managing Director at Bvlgari Switzerland, Karine Szegedi, Managing Partner for the Consumer Industry and Fashion and luxury lead at Deloitte Switzerland.
• Elegance in Motion: A look into the pioneering design and sustainability initiatives in luxury cars, yachts, and jets. Joined by Paolo Dellachà, CEO at Automobili Pininfarina, and Martina Lofqvist, Senior Business Development Manager at Destinus.
• Innovation Talks - New Technologies for the Luxury Industry. Joined by: Max Kantelia, Serial Entrepreneur, Bo Ji, Assistant Dean at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business.
• Academic Roundtable Joined by Prof. Ashok Som, Professor of Management and Founding Director, EMiLUX & GEMHL at ESSEC Business School, Prof. Stéphane Haddad, Associate Dean of Executive Education Programs at EHL Graduate School, Jean-Christophe Teigner, Director of the Master in Luxury Marketing at CREA - Executive Program.
• Luxury as Collectables: Exploring the growing pre-loved luxury market and the advancements in collecting and investing in vintage and antique luxury goods. Joined by Tirath Kamdar, General Manager of Global Luxury at eBay, Sylvain Lévy, Co-Owner of DSL Collection, Kohei Ogawa, CEO at Daikokuya Holdings.
• Venture Capital and Private Equity in the Luxury Market: A session dedicated to investment strategies for the future of luxury brands. Joined by: Caroline Reyl, Head of Premium Brands at Pictet Asset Management and Quentin Reyes, Managing Director of Alpha Praetorian Capital & Managing Director of The London Fund.
• Innovation Talks - Sustainable Luxury Industry. Joined by: Stanislas de Quercize, Board Member, Founder, and President at SAVIH, Laetitia Roche-Grenet, Director of Open Innovation at LVMH.