ertina partners on a new model with the Sea Turtle Conservancy (STC). This year’s DS Action Diver Sea Turtle Conservancy features an anti-magnetic NivachronTM balance spring and the STC logo on the case back. For the first time at Certina the box is made entirely of sustainable materials.
This diver’s watch meets all the requirements specified by ISO standard 6425, and is water-resistant to 300 meters. The new STC edition features a screw-down and protected crown on the 38 mm stainless steel case and a unidirectional rotating bezel in dark blue aluminium with a gold-coloured dive time scale. Hands in a matching yellow gold colour and indexes with a generous coating of Super-LumiNova® are set off by the dark blue dial with a sunray decorative finish.
The screw-down case back is adorned with the Sea Turtle Conservancy’s embossed turtle logo. Beating within the case is a modern Powermatic movement with a power reserve of up to 80 hours and an innovative NivachronTM balance spring. This high-performance material is unaffected by magnetic fields and delivers reliable precision under all circumstances. The watch is worn with a high-quality yellow gold PVD stainless steel bracelet whose foldover clasp has an integrated diver’s extension.
The watch packaging is modern and sustainable. For the first time Certina has used completely recyclable material for the box itself, as well as bio-cotton and recycled polyester for the cushion. So much environmental friendliness is perfectly aligned with the STC, which has been dedicated since 1959 to the preservation of the natural habitats of sea turtles.
Certina, whose Double Security (DS) concept is traditionally associated with the turtle symbol, has supported the STC’s work since 2017. Together the brand and the Conservancy are committed to pro-active protection of the endangered species.
- Movement: Automatic ETA Powermatic 80.611 with anti-magnetic Nivachron™ balance spring, Swiss Made, Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Case: Stainless steel 316, Unidirectional rotating bezel in blue aluminium with gold-coloured PVD and protected Super- LumiNova® marking, 38 mm diameter, Screw-down case back with STC logo, screw-down and protected crown
- Dial: Blue with sunray decorative finish, Super-LumiNova® coating on indexes and hands
- Water resistance: Diver’s watch 300 m compliant with ISO 6425
- Glass: Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on one side
- Strap: Tripartite stainless steel bracelet with golden PVD-coated elements, Deploying clasp with two pushers and diver’s extension
- Special features: DS (Double Security), STC edition with special embossing on the case back, diver’s watch compliant with ISO standard 6425, anti-magnetic Nivachron™ balance spring, packaging made from recycled cardboard
- Recommended retail price: CHF 795