n continuation of Delbana’s celebration of 90 years of independent watchmaking, a second variation of the Recordmaster joins the new series of automatic timepieces that revive Delbana’s past. Like the Recordmaster I, the new model embraces the brand’s original 1950s design with a new beat and will be available in a limited edition of 90 pieces this summer.
The Recordmaster II is equally inspired by advancements in music technology but rather than the record itself, this model pays homage to the turntable. These sleek machines of the period were typically black and chromewith red or green accents. They not only appeared more modern,but they revolutionized performance from purely manual to include automatic continuous play features.
These advancements allowed music to be more portable and accessible at a time when the wristwatch also rose in popularity for men and women as a practical and accessible timepiece as well as essential fashion accessory.
The Recordmaster II’s sophisticated matte black dial combines witha striking red seconds hand and bold luminous numeral hour markers in C7 Super-Luminova for a sleek yet conspicuous design. The white minute track around the dial and date at 3 o’clock in white on black give the Recordmaster II subtle technical details similar to the player devices of the period.
The refined polished stainless steel case quintessential to the Recordmaster collection is accentuated with a ridged crown, engraved with the signature Delbana tower for a timeless classic. The movement is revealed through a transparent case back exposing the remarkable inner workings that power the mesmerizing mechanical Swiss Made timepiece.
- Polished stainles ssteel case with transparent case back
- Scratch-resistant, domed sapphire crystal
- Water resistant to 50m / 165ft
- Black matte dial with bold luminous numerals in C7 Super-Luminova
- Minute track, date at 3 o’clock
- Cathedral shaped,luminous minute and hour hands, red central seconds hand
- Genuine black patent leather strap with stainless steel buckle
- Automatic Sellita SW200 movement with date and Delbana customized rotor
- 26 Jewels
- 28’800 vibrations per hour
- CHF 750 (limited edition of 90 pieces)