n the 1960s, the world began to move. Young people set fashion trends that were eagerly taken up by designers. The colourful happenings in London’s Carnaby Street saw the debut of a new dandyism whose followers wore super-slim ties, perfectly fitted suits, had razorsharp hairstyles and danced to a sound track of popular beat music.
Outfits were as original, classy and cool as possible. And it’s precisely this refined style and enthusiasm for handmade one-of-a-kind pieces that Glashütte Original’s Sixties Chronograph Annual Edition 2021 brings to life.
The round, 42-mm stainless steel case leads the eye to an elaborately finished, handmade retro dial. The exceptional dégradé effect travels from a bright green at the centre to a darker shade at the edge. The dial also features a finely textured surface made using the original tools and methods of the time. Two white Arabic numerals are enhanced by incised hour markers with luminous dots. The watch is worn with a soft, grey-brown nubuck calfskin strap.
The 39-34 automatic movement within the watch delivers the right rhythm. It drives the display of hour and minute and the small second, the second stop and the chronograph’s 30-minute counter reliably and with great precision. The manufactory movement beats at 4 Hz, and its individual components are delicately enhanced by hand – with the Glashütte stripes finish, for example, bevelled edges and polished screws.
The skeletonised rotor features an oscillating mass in 21-carat gold and is adorned with the characteristic double-G logo. All of these refined details can be admired through the sapphire crystal case back.
The Sixties Chronograph Annual Edition celebrates the lifestyle of the Sixties and the return of the elegant dandy. The timepiece is available from Glashütte Original Boutiques and from selected dealers worldwide for a limited period of one year.
- Movement: Calibre 39-34 automatic
- Functions: Hour, minute (central), small second (off-centre), second stop, chronograph with stop-second (central) and 30-minute counter
- Frequency: 28,800 A/h, equivalent to 4 Hz
- Case: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: Diameter: 42 x 42 mm
- Dial: Embossed, green/black varnish with dégradé effect, white
- Arabic numerals, incised hour markers with luminous dots
- Hands: Rod-shaped, with Super-LumiNova inlays
- Glass: Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on both sides
- Case back: Sapphire crystal
- Strap: Grey-brown calfskin-Nubuck leather strap with pin buckle
- Price: from 8,100 Euro (PP19)