Moser & Cie. has chosen the classic rounded accents of the Heritage case to pay tribute to its perpetual calendar. Its Grand Feu enamel dial in brand new shades reinterprets the aesthetic of the brand’s fumé dials, with their subtle colour gradations. This technical feat is further enhanced by the engraving and the enamel inserts adorning the sides of the Heritage Perpetual Calendar Midnight Blue Enamel.
Reminiscent of the pocket watches converted to wristwatches in the early 1920s using fine attachments, this creation is largely inspired by vintage timepieces conceived by Heinrich Moser, founder of H. Moser & Cie. At the same time, it displays a resolutely contemporary character thanks to the use of midnight-blue fumé and a high-end manufacture movement.
In creating the Heritage line, H. Moser & Cie. took inspiration from the watches that evoke the brand’s history from 1828 to the present day, and specifically those dating from the early 20th century. The distinctive classicism of the Heritage Perpetual Calendar Midnight Blue Enamel is evident not only in its rounded case, but also in the notched crown and Grand Feu enamel dial, brought to life by the Roman numerals and the swallow-tail hands.
Every aspect of this piece has been created to exude elegance and refinement, with details such as the fine lugs and a railroad minute track enhancing its traditional character. Behind the classic façade of this watch lies an emphatically irreverent aesthetic, as revealed by the Heritage Perpetual Calendar Midnight Blue Enamel’s deep blue dial, which brings the entire design to life.
Visible behind the sapphire case-back, the HMC 800 movement is the driving force behind the Heritage Perpetual Calendar Midnight Blue Enamel. A masterpiece of simplicity and ingenuity, this hand-wound manufacture calibre, which uses the indices to indicate the months, can be adjusted forwards or backwards at any time of day.
Thanks to the “Flash Calendar” system, the date changes instantaneously at midnight, taking into account months with 30 or 31 days and the leap years. Decorated with the famous Moser double stripes, the calibre HMC 800 features a double barrel for a guaranteed power reserve of 7 days.
The Heritage Perpetual Calendar Midnight Blue Enamel is an Haute Horlogerie piece that draws from a broader palette. It is a traditional yet timeless model, which blurs boundaries and is impossible to sum up in a single word. It is available in a limited edition of 20 pieces.
- 18K white gold
- Blue enamel inserts on the case sides, engraving Diameter: 42.0 mm
- Height: 12,6 mm / 10,8 mm without sapphire crystal Sapphire crystal
- See-through sapphire crystal case back
- Crown adorned with an “M”
- Midnight Blue fumé Grand Feu enamel Roman numerals
- Swallow-tail hands
- HMC 800 hand-wound calibre
- Diameter: 34.0 mm or 15 lignes Height: 6.3 mm
- Frequency: 18,000 Vib/h
- 32 jewels
- Power reserve: minimum 7 days
- Hacking seconds
- Double barrel
- Interchangeable Moser escapement
- Original Straumann® hairspring
- Pallet fork and escapement wheel made from gold Movement and components hand-finished and decorated
- Hours and minutes
- Small Seconds
- Perpetual calendar with date and month Big date display
- Month indicator via central hand
- Power reserve indicator
- Leap year cycle indicator on movement side
- Hand-stitched midnight blue alligator leather
- 18K white gold pin buckle engraved with the Moser logo