amed after the deepest known point on the Earth’s surface at 10,916 meters below sea level, the Challenger Deep collection of diver’s watches by Emile Chouriet pays tribute to Swiss explorer Jacques Picard and U.S. Navy Captain Don Wash’s history‐making expedition and their spirit of discovery. Fit for any adventure yet stylish enough for every occasion, Emile Chouriet’s Challenger Deep collection is tailored for those who choose to live out their passions during the precious moments they dedicate entirely to themselves.
Taking on the striking and naturally colors often found in tropical marine life, these new Challenger Deep watches are clad in bright orange and yellow tones. From the matte dial to the soft and durable rubber straps, the tones are perfectly matched. Providing effortless legibility in any situation, its syringe shaped hands and applied round and baton hour markers are filled with white SuperLumiNova pigments that emits a bright green glow in the dark.
Its sturdy stainlesssteel case measures 42.5mm wide and adds a touch of modern elegance with Emile Chouriet’s signature flared double wing‐shaped lugs. The case is topped with a slightly domed sapphire crystal, while a screw‐down crown guarantees the watch a water‐resistance of 300 meters. A functional and distinguishing feature of diver’s watches, the Challenger Deep features a unidirectional rotating bezel crafted in stainless steel with a black engraved ceramic insert that is not only effortlessly legible, but also highly scratch‐resistant and capable of withstanding extreme fluctuations of temperature and pressure.
Protected by the solid steel case back decorated with a fouled anchor in relief, the ETA 2824 automatic movement with a bi‐directional winding system beats within the Challenger Deep and delivers a minimum power reserve of 38 hours when fully wound.
- MOVEMENT: Caliber EC9316 (based on ETA2824) ‐ Winding Automatic, Emile Chouriet bidirectional rotor, 25 jewels, 28’800 vibrations per hour (4Hz), power reserve: 38 hours
- FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, seconds in the center and date counter at 3H
- CASE: Stainless steel and Ceramic, diameter: 42.5 mm
- WATER‐RESISTANT: 300 m
- GLASS: Sapphire glass
- CROWN: 3 positions (manual winding, date correction and time setting with stop‐second mechanism)
- DIAL: Orange or Yellow dial version with SuperLumiNova
- STRAP: Rubber strap, folding clasp
- REFERENCE: Orange version: 08.1169.G.6.AW.F3.8. Yellow version: 08.1169. G.6.AW.33.8
- RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICES: Orange version: CHF 1’280 (VAT excl.). Yellow version: CHF 1’280 (VAT excl.)