hen Carl F. Bucherer was asked to create a unique timepiece for Only Watch, the charity held in support of Duchenne muscular dystrophy every two years, the brand’s creative watch designers put on their thinking caps. After all, this special watch will be in the company of some other extraordinary products and, of course, 100% of the proceeds go to the worthiest of causes. The specialists in Carl F. Bucherer’s manufacture settled on a winner.
The Carl F. Bucherer Heritage BiCompax Annual Only Watch Edition features an 41mm 18K white gold case and is presented on an elegant calf leather strap with light blue flanks. Two light blue counters offer an attractive contrast to the silvered dial with a light blue tachymetric scale and the raised chrome Arabic numerals at the 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock positions add extra distinction to the watch’s face. The Heritage BiCompax Annual has a month aperture as well as a big date display.
The Heritage BiCompax Annual watch is an exciting part of Carl F. Bucherer’s Maison and Heritage Brand World, whose watches translate the brand’s DNA onto its clients’ wrists with models that reimagine and reinterpret some historic timepieces. The first Heritage BiCompax Annual was launched in 2019 and taking design inspiration from an archival piece dating back to about 1950, it became an immediate hit. Combining vintage flair with contemporary features, it is the perfect expression of Carl F. Bucherer’s innovative Heritage Collection.
CEO Sascha Moeri is delighted that Carl F. Bucherer is again participating in Only Watch. He says: “Only Watch has done an incredible job of raising money to help in the fight against Duchenne muscular dystrophy and I am looking forward to meeting the successful bidder here in Lucerne and inviting them to our manufacture and presenting our Heritage BiCompax Annual Only Watch Edition. I know it will be a passionate watch fan who feels as strongly about combatting the disease as we do and it’s always gratifying to have one of our ‘Made of Lucerne’ products contribute to such a worthy cause.”
The Heritage BiCompax Annual Only Watch Edition may be reminiscent of a vintage watch on the outside, but on the inside, it’s another story. It has a CFB 1972 automatic chronograph caliber with a power reserve of 42 hours. It also features an annual calendar and a big date display that takes the different month lengths – 30, and 31 days – into account, which means it would only need to be corrected once a year, on the first of March.
The caseback of the striking Carl F. Bucherer Heritage BiCompax Annual Only Watch Edition is engraved with the words Only Watch and Piece Unique – an indication that it is the only piece in the world of the ultimate limited edition.
- Reference number: 00.10803.08.12.99
- Movement: Automatic, CFB 1972 caliber, diameter 30 mm, height 7.3 mm, 47 jewels, power reserve 42 hours
- Functions: Chronograph: minutes and seconds counters, annual calendar, big date, hour, minute, small seconds, tachymeter scale
- Case: 18K white gold (150 palladium), double-domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides, sapphire crystal case back, water-resistant to 30 m (3 bar), diameter 41 mm, height 14.15 mm
- Dial: Silver-colored with light blue counters and tachymeter zone, 10
- Arabic numerals (from which the 12 and 6 are raised and chrome colored)
- Strap: Calf leather strap in black and light blue color with 18K white gold
- (150 palladium) pin-lock folding clasp
- Limitation: 1 piece