he DS PH200M is one of the most popular timepieces in the Certina collection. The latest version proves just how well its timeless vintage design works in a smaller format, too. In the premiere model in the new line, refined mother-of-pearl, black ceramic and sparkling diamonds join a strap fashioned from sustainable #tide ocean material®. Inside, a state-of-the-art automatic movement fitted with an antimagnetic NivachronTM balance spring ensures maximum reliability.
Followers of the brand are especially eager to see the new model: an international competition allowed them, for the first time, to influence the design of a Certina watch. For two weeks, watch lovers worldwide had an opportunity to choose between different elements: bezel, dial, hands, strap and even packaging options vied for votes in March 2021. The winning design is exceptionally sophisticated and confident.
The 39 mm diameter watch appears in a round stainless steel case with a black, iridescent mother-of-pearl dial with eleven diamond indexes. Functional features include a date window at 3 o’clock, a screw-down crown and a unidirectional rotating bezel with scratch-resistant black ceramic; both the bezel and the rose gold-coloured hands have luminous Super-LumiNova® highlights.
The strap and packaging of the watch are made with sustainability in mind. The anthracite-coloured synthetic strap is made from #tide ocean material®. The name says it all: plastic waste harvested from the oceans is upcycled into robust, high-quality watch straps. The watch packaging is black and gold and is comprised of environmentally friendly cardboard, which is easily recycled.
Like its big sister, this watch features a Powermatic 80 movement with an antimagnetic NivachronTM balance spring, which can be admired in this new model through a sapphire crystal case back. An 80-hour power reserve provides maximum autonomy in the rush of busy days, enhanced by the DS Double Security system and water resistance to 20 bar.
- Movement: ETA Powermatic 80.611 automatic movement with Nivachron™ balance spring, Swiss Made
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Power reserve: 80 hours
- Case: Polished stainless steel 316L, 39 mm, rotating bezel in domed black ceramic with rose gold-coloured dive time scale, screw-down crown, sapphire crystal case back
- Dial: Black mother-of-pearl dial with white and rose gold-coloured elements and eleven diamond indexes; rose gold-coloured hands and indexes with Super-LumiNovasup>® coating; date at 3 o’clock
- Water resistance: Up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m)
- Glass: Domed sapphire crystal
- Strap: Anthracite-coloured fabric strap made of #tide ocean material® with pin buckle
- Special feature: DS (Double Security), diamond indexes, fabric strap made from recycled #tide ocean material®, Powermatic 80 movement with Nivachron™ balance spring, design selected by Certina followers
- Reference / price: C036.207.18.126.00 / CHF 880