ew independent watch brand Tzoumy Genève relies on Yvan Monnet’s creative design: a unique pentagonal shape coupled with classic elegance. It currently runs a launch campaign on Kickstarter.
Tzoumy actually revives those chapters in Swiss watchmaking history when the same model was produced by several brands. At the time, case manufacturers, who were the only players in watch design, did not hesitate to simultaneously suggest the same shape to several of their clients. The latter therefore had to use their dials and finishes to differentiate themselves.
Yvan Monnet is the inventor of the pentagonal shape, a truly original design first in a watchmaking industry that is still nurturing its past icons. He is also the founder of an eponymous brand that embodies, in the spirit of the Cabinotiers, his expertise in finishings and care for details.
- Yvan Monnet
In his new entrepreneurial adventure, which is inspired by the Swiss village of La Tzoumaz, a place close to the environment, to his childhood roots and to the native Swiss dialects, Yvan Monnet is being joined by a team of enthusiasts determined to offer new horizons of conquest to this highly disruptive pentagon.
- Landeron 24 calibre
As an added touch, the sustainable mechanical caliber which inhabits these 50 meters (5 atmospheres) water-resistant automatic watches is a Landeron 24 calibre, equipped with an oscillating rotor customized by Yvan Monnet. The brand’s workshop is located in the historic watchmaking area of the Saint Gervais district, the Mecca of the Cabinotiers and of the Fabrique in Geneva.
LINK TO THE KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
- 316L Steel case stainless steel, polished-brushed Anti-reflective sapphire glasses on the bezel and the back Star crown at 2pm
- Measurements: 3h-9h > 40mm
- Thickness: 9,5mm
- Between the lugs: 20mm
- Backing: frosted sun, available in 5 colors, opalescent (white), blue cobalt, anthracite, Denim blue, melon (orange)
- 13 hour markers
- Two-tone decals
- Polished faceted and recessed hours and minutes hands
- Second hand arrow balanced
- Caliber Landeron 24 with Tzoumy rotor
- Max. run time deviation: 10 sec/day
- Frequency 28’800 A/h (4Hz)
- 36h power reserve
- Two hand-sewn calf leather wristbands, tanned in Italy
- Deployant clasp on the worn wristband and deployant buckle on the second one