wiss watchmaker Perrelet unveils the new Peripheral Dual Time Big Date. It comes in three versions and features useful functions such as the second-time zone with day-night indicator and the calendar with a big double window.
This timepiece remains loyal to the values and DNA of the brand with its signature “Luxury in movement”. While the many current variations feature the classic Double Rotor or the Turbine, this latest creation offers a more discreet and refined animation on the dial and welcomes a new and contemporary casual-chic style in Perrelet’s collections.
The Lab Peripheral Dual Time Big Date comes in a 42 mm x 42 mm stainless steel cushion-shape case, water-resistant to 5 ATM. Its soft, smooth lines along with brushed and polished lugs, the embossed rectangles decoration on the case band and the polished octagonal bezel with satin-brushed profile, endow this model with a strong and distinctive character.
Great attention was paid to the architecture of the dial boasting an original construction. The three-dimensional effect is achieved by the multi-level structure and different decorations which add depth. It’s embellished by a variety of finishes and plays on three color variations: deep blue or black combined with silver-colored details and silver. The dial shows an elegant pattern with vertical lines in relief within a metallic circular-brushed rim, surrounded by a matt sandblasted ring.
At 12 o’clock the date is displayed in two small windows in black Arabic numerals on a white background and vice versa on the black dial edition, enhancing optimal legibility. The star of this latest timepiece is the dual time function which allows two time zones to be displayed at the same time: local time and home time. Highly appreciated by globetrotters and easy to set thanks to the crown in the third position, it takes place on the silver counter at 6 o’clock. Decorated with circular grooves it bears the second-time indication with a mix of Arabic numerals and indices. The day/night indication is revealed through a small round aperture between 10 and 11 o’clock. The hour and minute hands of the two-time zones are treated with white SuperLuminova.
The cut-out hour-markers filled with white SuperLuminova, as well as the hands of the main time, are applied to the central disc of the dial and suspended towards the minutes flange, giving the impression that they are literally floating on air, to allow the owner of the Lab Peripheral Dual Time Big Date an unhindered view on the most distinctive feature of this timepiece: its oscillating weight.
While it is generally visible through the case-back, the Lab Peripheral Dual Time Big Date model allows watch enthusiasts to observe the motion of the oscillating weight while reading the time. This technical innovation was made possible by the new generation in-house manufacture self-winding Caliber P-421. The oscillating weight, a 180° plate’s segment, is fixed to a toothed wheel (with toothing on the inside) known as a “couronne”, itself positioned on the outer part of the movement that meshes with a pinion placed on the outer rim of the movement. The rotor, on ball bearings, is adorned with a 180° screw-down plate bearing an engraved grooves decoration clearly visible on the dial side.
This newly designed automatic calibre, composed by 302 parts, beats at 28.800 vibrations per hours and offers 42-hour power reserve. The sapphire crystal porthole on the case-back, sealed with 6 screws, reveals its balance-wheel in action and the rhodium plated bridges with Côtes de Genève finishing and engravings in gold 3N.
The watch is completed by a black or blue calf leather strap with white stitching, according to the versions, and a stainless-steel folding clasp embellished with the Perrelet logo.
- Manufacture Perrelet P-421 caliber, mechanical automatic movement
- Fitting diameter: 31.60 mm
- Total diameter: 34.80 mm
- Thickness, including oscillating weight: 6.32 mm
- Vibrations per hour: 28.800 (4Hz)
- Jewels: 30
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Balance-wheel shock protection system: Incabloc
- Circular-grained and rhodium plated main plate
- Bridges: rhodium plated, adorned with a Côtes de Genève motif
- Oscillating weight: rhodium plated, circular-brushed, engraved grooves pattern
- Central hours, minutes and seconds hands
- Big date window at 12 o’clock
- Second time zone with day-night indicator at 6 o’clock
- Cushion-shaped, polished-brushed stainless steel, octagonal bezel
- Size: 42mm x 42mm
- Thickness: 13.51 mm
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal glass on both sides
- Case-back with sapphire crystal glass, secured by 6 screws
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- Three color variations: silver, deep blue and black
- Central part with vertical decoration and circular-brushed rim, surrounded by a matt sandblasted ring
- Cut-out hour-markers filled with SuperLuminova
- Luminescent hours and minutes hands
- Central seconds hand
- Silver, black or blue flange for seconds indication on a scale of 5
- Oscillating weight visible on dial side, engraved grooves decoration
- Date window at 12 o’clock (two white disks with black Arabic numerals on silver and blue dials – two black discs with white Arabic numerals on black dial)
- Circular grooves decoration on the second time zone counter at 6 o’clock, round aperture between 10 and 11 o’clock for day/night indication
- Black calf leather strap with white stitching on silver and black dial executions
- Blue calf leather strap with white stitching on blue dial version
- Stainless steel folding clasp embellished with the Perrelet logo
Retail price: CHF 4,980