or the first time, after experimenting with bronze in its diver’s watches for years, Oris has given its Big Crown ProPilot Big Date fresh flair by casing it in bronze.
The warm tones of the new model come from its bronze case, fluted bezel and signature oversized crown, which are complemented by a deep black dial with printed golden indices. This is a true pilot’s watch, so the hands are filled with white Super-LumiNova® and the applied hour markers made from solid Super-LumiNova®, creating high contrast and first-class readability.
Finishing off the stylish look is a hard-wearing green Ventile® strap with Oris’s playful ‘Lift’ clasp, also in bronze, a device inspired by passenger aircraft seat-belt buckles.
As with every Oris, inside the watch is a highly reliable Swiss Made mechanical movement. In this case, that movement is a precision automatic with an oversized ‘big’ date.
- Material Multi-piece bronze case
- Size 41.00 mm, 1.614 inches
- Height 12.4 mm
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, inside antireflective coating
- Case back Stainless steel, screwed, mineral glass
- Operating devices Bronze screw-in security crown
- Water resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Interhorn width 20 mm
- Number Oris 751
- Dimensions Ø 32.20 mm, 14 1/4 inches
- Functions Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, oversized date window at 3 o’clock,
- instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 38 hours
- Vibrations 4 Hz (28’800 A/h)
- Jewels 26
- Design Black dial with applied white numerals and printed golden indices
- Luminous material Super-LumiNova®
- Numerals Applied
- Strap Green Ventile® strap with bronze ‘Lift’ folding clasp
Swiss retail price: CHF 1,950