n the 1920s, Goliardo Della Balda ventured away from his birthplace of San Marino to create a new life in Switzerland. He had always longed to own a great timepiece, but at the time it seemed unattainable for someone of his humble beginnings.
As a young entrepreneur, he was determined to change that and in 1931 realized his dreams of both owning a great watch and establishing a first-class watch company by introducing his own brand, Delbana.
It was a time of great advancement in the watch industry with new complications and ornaments being regularly invented. Delbana was to bring the experience of owning a great Swiss Made timepieces beyond the elite with affordable quality defining the brands mission and future innovation.
The new celebratory timepieces embrace original principals of quality and design from the early days of the brand with new proportions and materials. Delbana’s crest is prominently featured at the top of the face in tribute to Della Balda’s visionary spirit.
The guilloche sunray pattern dial paired with classic sword shaped hour and minute hands pay homage to the Swiss watchmaking tradition. Luminous markers and a distinctive red arrow seconds hand complete the elegant design. The Swiss Made automatic movement can be observed through a transparent case back giving the wearer a unique connection with the watch.
The stainless-steel case is complemented with rose gold pvd or polished stainless steel, applied indexes and Arabic numerals, paired with a black or white dial on fitting leather strap, creates four distinctive combinations. The black dial models feature a black disc with white date, while the white display shows the date with black numerals on a framed white disk giving each example abiding character with endless applications.
- Polished stainless-steel case with transparent case back
- Scratch-resistant, domed sapphire crystal
- Water resistant to 50m / 165ft
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Thickness: 11.5 mm
- Black or white sunray guilloche pattern dial
- Stainless steel or rose gold PVD applied indexes and Arabic numerals
- Luminous hour markers
- Sword shaped, luminous minute and hour hands
- Red central seconds hand
- Date at 3 o’clock
- Genuine black or brown leather strap with stainless steel buckle
- Automatic Sellita SW200 movement with date and Delbana customized rotor
- 26 Jewels
- 28’800 vibrations per hour
- 38h power reserve
- Black Delbana leatherette box