atch retailer 10tenlabs® and Speake-Marin present the “Bunyan Limited Edition”, a 10-pieces limited edition curated exclusively for the Middle East region and strictly offered to a select group of collectors within the 10tenlabs community.
The Bunyan Limited Edition derives its name from the Arabic word “Bunyan” which means building and is inspired by the Middle East’s modern and contemporary architecture within the lustrous cities of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Neom, Manama, Kuwait, Muscat and Doha.
Such elements of cross-pollination are evident in the timepiece, as every single timepiece constructed by Speake-Marin is inspired by the ethos of modern architecture and design, reflected in contemporary design for movements and dials, combined with a distinctive timeless case.
This lustrous timepiece embodies a lavish Salmon dial that evokes a celestial two-tone color and the dial displays Hindu-Arabic numerals that stand out in the form of pillars engraved to hold the solid foundation of the dial and inspires the solid building foundation of modern architecture and contemporary design throughout modern cities within the Middle East region.
The timepiece comes in a 38mm titanium case and powered by Speake-Marin’s In-House Calibre SMA-03. The Calibre SMA03 is part of the SMA movement family and introduces the first closed dial with small seconds at 1:30.
This movement is particular due to the small seconds counter being positioned at 1:30 and its integrated micro-rotor. The small seconds at 1:30 meets the Speake-Marin objective to break-away from the watchmaking codes: Speake-Marin is the only watchmaker who positions the small seconds there. It is actually a real constraint in terms of movement development since the small seconds at 1:30 have to go through the time setting module.
Since 2015, Speake-Marin has initiated a movement strategy to fully develop and assemble proprietary movements within its atelier in the Neuchatel area, Switzerland. This new strategy gave birth to the “SMA” collection, which includes Openworked, closed dials and Haute Horlogerie movements. Firstly, Speake-Marin focused its efforts on Haute Horlogerie 3 Hz movements (Minute Repeater and Double Tourbillon). Then, Speake-Marin developed Hour Minutes Seconds 4Hz movements, which were featured in the new One&Two design as an Openworked movement named SMA01.
- MOVEMENT In-house SMA03 Calibre, self-winding movement with integrated micro-rotor
- INDICATIONS Hours Minutes and Seconds. Small seconds at 1:30
- DIAL Lavish Salmon dial with Hindu-Arabic numerals
- POWER RESERVE 52 hours
- CASE Piccadilly case in titanium (Grade 5); Front crystal sapphire treated with anti-reflective coating; Open back crystal sapphire treated with anti-reflective coating and engraved with the 10tenlabs logotype in SuperLuminova®
- DIAMETER 38 mm
- WATER RESISTANCE 3 bar (30 meters)
- STRAP & BUCKLE Black rubber bracelet and pin buckle
- LIMITED EDITION 10 pieces (Sold Out)
- REFERENCE 413814160
- PRICE 13’400 CHF (recommended retail price without taxes)