he new Formex Leggera Chronometer collection is available in two sizes (43mm or 41mm) and in five dial versions: Forged Carbon, Cool Grey, Electric Blue, Arctic White and Mamba Green.
With a case that comes in under 40g (1.4 oz.), the Essence Leggera is extremely light, but thanks to the high-tech materials used, it is also strong, hypoallergenic, anti-magnetic and corrosion-resistant. In addition to reducing the weight by about 40% compared to the steel version, the proprietary carbon fiber composite used in the Leggera’s case gives the watch an extremely smooth feel on the wrist. We have used the same material for our folding clasp, which features a patented, gradual fine-adjustment system that perfectly adapts to the wrist’s ever-changing size due to heat and humidity.
The case of a watch protects the movement, but it has a few vulnerable points – the crown and bezel, for example. With a hardness that surpasses that of any traditional metal used in traditional watchmaking, Formex utilizes Zirconium oxide ceramics on both the bezel and the crown, making them virtually scratchproof. Four hexagon screws connect the upper and lower case, and hide Formex’s patented 4-fold Case Suspension System, which adapts to the wearer’s movement and increases the comfort on the wrist.
Under the hood beats a Swiss Made Sellita SW-200 automatic movement ensuring both accuracy and reliability. It comes in its highest quality grade ”Chronometer”, using top of the line components only found in Chronometer-grade movements. It’s beautifully decorated with perlage on the bridges and thermally blued screws on the movement and the custom-made rotor. Each of the movements undergoes the COSC-certification process, a meticulous 15-day rate test to ensure extraordinary levels of mechanical accuracy and precision. Only the movements who pass the stringent assessment will be certified and engraved with a unique serial number. The movements’ power reserve extends to 41 hours.
The new collection includes five dials that are different in looks but all ensure perfect legibility due to the contrast and finishing of hands and hour markers, which are deep filled with BGW9 Super-LumiNova lume. The glossy Cool Grey, sunray Electric Blue, brushed Arctic White and Mamba Green dials are priced at US$ 1,640 on a custom NATO strap designed by WatchGecko, and US$ 1,790 on Formex’s leather/rubber/nylon strap with their patented carbon clasp. The Forged Carbon dial, made of an extremely thinly cut Forged Carbon blade, each with an individual pattern, is slightly more expensive at US$ 1,840 on a custom NATO strap designed by WatchGecko, and US$1,990 on Formex’s leather/rubber/nylon strap.
The Formex Essence Leggera Automatic Chronometer collection is now available for Pre-Order with delivery by the end of May 2022 (43mm) and beginning of July 2022 (41mm version) at the Formex Online Boutique.
Formex CEO, Raphael Granito, said of the launch: “If there’s one watch from our collection that shows what we’re best at, it’s the Leggera. This model has all the user-oriented features that our customers love. In addition, we chose materials to make this watch wear more comfortably throughout the day. Carbon fiber composite and ceramic are naturally black and won’t fade or show scratches from an active lifestyle. I personally consider the Leggera the ultimate fusion of elegance and sportiness and a perfect everyday piece for those who don’t necessarily need to feel that they’re wearing a watch.”
- 41mm diameter, 11.2 mm height, 22mm lug width, 46.4mm lug-to-lug
- 43mm diameter, 11.3 mm height, 22mm lug width, 49mm lug-to-lug
- Waterproof to 100 meters / 330 feet
- Proprietary Carbon Fiber Composite
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with inside anti-reflective treatment
- Proprietary Carbon Fiber Composite
- Zirconium Oxide Ceramic
- Forged Carbon, Cool Grey, Electric Blue, Arctic White & Mamba Green
- Hand-applied hour markers filled with BGW9 Super-LumiNova®
- Brushed with polished chamfers, filled with BGW9 Super-LumiNova®
- Sellita SW200-1 Automatic movement (Chronometer grade), COSC certified
- 26 jewels, frequency 28’800 A/h (4 Hz), 41h power reserve
- NATO strap designed by WatchGecko with pin buckle
- Tight weave, 1.25mm nylon with sheen
- Hardware is stainless steel
- Black coating is Ion Plating using Carbon Graphite Titanium, 0.8 – 1 mic thickness.
- Italian calf leather strap in black (black, blue or grey seam), blue, green and brown
- Nylon strap in black, blue or grey, black rubber strap – all with carbon fiber composite clasp with patented gradual 7mm fine adjustment system.
- All straps can be changed using a Quick Release system and do not require the use of any tools.
- US$ 1,640.00 on the NATO strap
- US$ 1,840.00 on the NATO strap (Forged Carbon dial)
- US$ 1,790.00 on leather/rubber/nylon strap and carbon clasp
- US$ 1,990.00 on leather/rubber/nylon strap and carbon clasp (Forged Carbon)
- US$ 39.00 NATO strap
- US$ 70.00 Essence leather strap
- US$ 80.00 Essence rubber strap
- US$ 120.00 Carbon clasp with 7mm Fine-Adjustment System