he Serie-A Allure, a limited edition of 500 numbered pieces, is Depancel’s first automatic chronograph, with a strong nexus to motoring. Once again, the brand consulted its community on how this watch should be designed. Early 2021, Depancel sent a questionnaire out to its community asking how they envisaged their perfect chrono. More than 10,000 people responded, expressing their preferences on the style, design and technical features for this flagship project of 2022.
The brand’s design and technical teams carefully studied their responses and the results were unequivocal. Almost 40% of this community of aficionados voted for an industrial Swiss automatic movement, a mechanism offering excellent value for money. The Serie-A Allure chronograph is thus equipped with a Swiss automatic ETA 7753 calibre, customized by Depancel’s watchmakers. The result? A bicompax look, a date display at six o’clock and a honeycomb design on the rotor mirroring the dial’s motif.
The Serie-A Allure mirrors the motoring world with its elegant, sporty design. Its textured dial features several finishes: a honeycomb pattern in the centre that echoes a radiator grille, a circular polished surface under the hour markers and two small radiant counters. Its mushroom-shaped push buttons are reminiscent of engine pistons and its ceramic bezel with tachymeter allows the wearer to accurately measure their speed in km/h, just as on any car dashboard.
“A chronograph is an essential tool for any car enthusiast, whether they drive as a profession or for pleasure. With the Serie-A Allure, we wanted to symbolize that passion for beautiful mechanics, a symbol that could be worn on the wrist every day,” said Depancel’s founder Clément Meynier.
Just as for all other Depancel collections, this new wristwatch will have a lifetime guarantee. Watches can be pre-ordered at the price of $1,695, while the regular selling price will be $1,995. This collection goes on sale on June 14, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- Modified ETA 7753 movement
- Automatic winding with decorated weight
- Bi-compax chronograph
- 48-hour power reserve
- Frequency 4Hz (28,800 vibrations / hour)
- Diameter: 43mm
- Thickness: 15mm
- Water resistance: 10 ATM / 100m
- Material: 316L stainless steel
- Fixed scratch-resistant ceramic bezel
- Crystal: anti-reflective sapphire
- Alternate finishes: brushed / polished
- Transparent caseback
- Hours, minutes
- Second counter at nine o’clock
- Calendar (Date)
- Tachymeter: speed measurement
- Embossed leather, perforated racing or metal
- bracelet with brushed and polished «H» link
- Folding clasp (or pin buckle on leather version)
- Lug: 22mm
- €1,595 / $1,695 (pre-order price)
- €1,895 / $ 1,995 (regular price)