hen Eberhard & Co. launched the reissue of the legendary Scafograf 300 in 2016, it quickly became apparent that this timepiece from the past would once again acquire an impressive level of significance in the sports watch sector. Indeed, that very same year, Scafograf 300 won the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie as the best sports watch of the year, despite stiff competition from a number of equally prestigious models and brands.
As many enthusiasts are aware, the historic Eberhard & Co diver’s collection, presented between the late 1950s and the 1960s, featured several exceptional models. Among these, one of the favourites at the time was the Scafograf 200 version, water-resistant to 200 meters (which is more than enough for professional divers too!) and equipped with an automatic valve for the release of helium.
Today, this exceptional instrument of the past returns in a total-black version, coated with DLC in order to achieving an extraordinarily contemporary look, and underlining the well-known technical features this diver’s watch has to offer.
Indeed, the professional features remain unchanged, including the helium valve and the luminescent unidirectional bezel. However, the contemporary version of the bezel is further embellished with a ceramic insert. Crown and caseback are screw-down, the latter decorated with the engraving of the starfish, the emblem of the collection. The matte dial with its special finish hosts writings in white and vintage-style luminescence on the indices. The same coating is also evoked on the hands, which preserve the iconic triangular tip of the historic models.
The Scafograf 200 DLC comes with an integrated black rubber strap, customised with an impression of the “E” shield, and a steel bracelet with a Déclic® deployant clasp, both DLC-coated. It will only be produced in 135 pieces, as a tribute to the anniversary of the foundation of Eberhard & Co. which is celebrated in 2022.
- Reference: 41044 – Limited Edition of 135 pieces
- Movement: Mechanical, self-winding, glucydur balance wheel with anacron spiral; central seconds hand
- Case: steel, with DLC® treatment
- Diameter of the case: 43 mm
- Thickness of the case: 12,60 mm
- Case-back: steel, screwed, personalized with an engraved starfish
- Bezel: in steel with DLC® treatment and ceramic insert, rotating, unidirectional, with vintage luminescent markings on the first 15 minutes scale
- Water-resistance: 200 m, diving watch, with helium escape valve at 9 o’clock
- Crown: in steel with DLC® treatment, screw-in , water-resistant, personalized “E”
- Glass: sapphire, convex, anti-reflecting
- Dial: matt black, “galbé”, personalized with the name of the model
- Applied, round indices, triangle-shaped markers at 3- 6-9-12 o’clock, with vintage luminescence
- Hands: with vintage luminescence. Hours hand with triangular tip, inspired by the model from 1959. “Baton-type” minutes hand. Central seconds’ hand with luminescent circular zone
- Strap: integrated black rubber strap, personalized with the “E” shield, emblem of the Maison. The inside is characterized by small shields in relief that allow good transpiration. Steel buckle with DLC® treatment, personalised E&C
- Bracelet: Chassis®, in steel with DLC® treatment. Deployment clasp
- Déclic® - Patented - with DLC® treatment