ow are rainbows born? Some appear in the dreams of artists. With HYT, the dream is becoming a reality and is taking on the form of a single piece of contemporary fine watchmaking: the HYT Hastroid Rainbow Nebula watch
Bold, colourful, captivating, this flamboyant watch will be offered as a single piece for sale at the Time For Art charity auctionin New York. The Hastroid Rainbow Nebula combines artistic masterful expertise and the feats of the mecafluid technology that are unique to this independent Swiss watchmaking brand.
For lovers and collectors of luxury watches, the rainbow display has always been very attractive. Here, HYT has enhanced the concept using luminescent material to obtain a double rainbow effect: the day, using Super-Luminova and the night, through unique and spectacular shading reflecting bright emotions.
This luminescent and surprising effect is boosted by the same use in the section behind the capillary with the effect of gradual coverage with the black fluid as time moves ahead and the wow effect of the retrograde fluidic movement.
This artistic feat is displayed at the heart of a watch from the HYT Hastroid collection, distinguished by its astonishing 48 mm diameter casing, with a total length of 58.3 mm and a 13.3 mm case thickness. It is shaped from the most modern or contemporary high-quality materials: titanium, titanium and carbon or an original composite and titanium alloy.
Like a flight deck, the watch, waterproof up to 50 metres, is topped by domed sapphire crystal offering a largely unobstructed view of the overall dial. The centrepiece of the mecafluid mechanism remains, of course, the fluid system, with two central “bellow” reservoirs, whose design, unique to HYT creations, reinforces the character and feeling of power and the capillary surrounding the dial.
The watch is driven by a manual winding mechanical movement (41 rubies), 501 CM calibre, at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hertz) and with 72 hours’ power reserve, designed by Eric Coudray, a renowned master in the field, an artist of watchmaking design.
- Black coated satin finished titanium (64 parts)
- Crown in coated black titanium
- Domed sapphire crystal (box) with anti-reflective coating Black side grids with black background
- Black coated brass & transparent plate (50 parts)
- 3D black coated appliques, rainbow luminous numbers (Lumicast) Black grid with black background
- Black liquid inside borosilicate capillary tube
- Frequency: 28’800 Hz
- Jewels: 41
- Winding: Manual
- Power reserve: 72 hours
- Finishing: Finely sandblasted and satin
- Coating & color: Black coating
- Retrograde fluidic hours
- Central minutes hand
- Small second hand
- Power reserve hand
- Black rubber strap
- Black mat minutes hand, blue & white SLN
- Black mat secondes hand, red & white SLN
- Black mat power reserve hand, red SLN
- All SLN in Lumicast
- Width: 48.00 mm
- Length: 52.30 mm
- Thickness: 17.20 mm
- Water-resistant: 50 metres
- Black coated titanium
- Satin & sandblasted finishes