ith the ProPilot X Kermit Edition, part of the Oris x Disney’s The Muppets collaboration, the watch brand is inviting the world to take a minute...
As the brand states, “No doubt, we have started a lot of press releases down the years with detail about how long we’ve been making mechanical watches (119 years), how many calibres we’ve originated in that time (more than 280), how our current Movement Creation Programme is going (10 new calibres in 10 years) and how many Change for the Better collaborations we’ve done (lots).”
“These things are all important. And also quite serious. Along the way, we’ve tried to make a good deal of noise, too, about why we do things; why we make the watches we make. The answer is always the same: we’re inspired by what we call the Joy of Mechanics. The first function of every Oris watch, in the purest emotional, feel-it-in-your- bones sense, is to bring joy, to make people smile. That’s it. If an Oris watch can make someone’s day better, we’ve done our job.”
- This special edition of the ProPilot X Calibre 400 has a green dial inspired by Kermit the Frog. On the first of the month, Kermit appears in the date window – just in time for Kermit Day.
“For some time, we’ve been trying to find the ultimate expression of this and to make a watch that’s pure joy. And then it hit us. A collaboration with the easiest guy on the planet: Kermit the Frog from The Muppet Show. Kermit’s role is to entertain, to put a smile on our faces. He’s been doing it for generations. Could we do a watch with him? It turns out we could. And we’re delighted, grinning from ear to ear, and so proud to introduce you to the ProPilot X Kermit Edition.”
The watch is based on the brand’s 39mm titanium ProPilot X Calibre 400, only it’s got a green dial – and a twist. On the first of every month, the date window at 6 o’clock will be filled with a Kermit the Frog emoji. “Kermit Day” is all about not taking life too seriously. Having some fun.
- Multi-piece titanium case with satin and sandblasted finishes
- Size: 39.00 mm (1.535 inches)
- Dial: Green
- Luminous material: Indices and hour and minute hands with Super-LumiNova®
- Top glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case back: Titanium with satin and sandblasted finishes, screwed, see-through sapphire glass
- Operating devices: Titanium screw-in security crown with protection
- Bracelet: Titanium with folding clasp with Oris-patented ‘LIFT’ system
- Water resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Number: Oris Calibre 400
- Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date window at 6 o’clock, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second Accuracy -3/+5 seconds a day (within COSC tolerances)
- Extra features: Highly anti-magnetic
- Winding: Automatic
- Power reserve: 120 hours
Warranty: Extended to 10 years with MyOris sign-up. Applies to watch and movement. 10-year recommended service intervals. Five- year recommended water-resistance check
Swiss retail price: CHF 4,400