n the 1970s, Girard-Perregaux’s Casquette embraced new technologies, new materials and a new design. Disruptive, innovative and unorthodox were just some of the words uttered at the time of its launch. This latest version is as practical as ever, yet as avant-garde.
This watch model, the Casquette, has never bowed to convention. When it was launched in 1976, it represented a break with the conservative norms of Haute Horlogerie. Girard-Perregaux chose to equip the original avant-garde model with a tubular LED display and a quartz movement, in keeping with the watchmaking zeitgeist of the 1970s. Girard-Perregaux was, and remains, a trendsetter.
Anthony Vaccarello decided to re-edit this model in black ceramic and black PVD-treated grade 5 titanium. The light, ergonomic case arches around the wrist, offering comfort. The watch is also equipped with a chronograph and can also display the time in a different location.
The Casquette 2.0 Saint-Laurent 01 will be available exclusively at Saint Laurent Rive Droite stores in Paris and Los Angeles, as well as online via the official Saint Laurent Rive Droite store, in selected countries only.
- Material: black ceramic with black PVD-treated titanium GP logo and pushers
- Dimensions: 42.40 x 33.60 mm
- Height: 14.64 mm
- Glass: sapphire crystal
- Case-back: black PVD-treated titanium, secured by 4 screws
- Dial: tubular LED display
- Water resistance: 50 meters (5 ATM)
- Reference: GP3980-1474
- Quartz movement
- Dimensions: 26.24 x 27.60 mm
- Height: 6.40 mm
- Frequency: 32’768 Hz
- Number of components: 45
- Number of jewels: no jewels
- Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, day, date, month, year, chronograph, 2nd time zone, secret date
- Material: black ceramic with rubber interior
- Buckle: folding with micro adjustment system, titanium blades, black PVD-treated titanium cover
- CHF 6’180
- Limited and numbered edition of 100 pieces
- Exclusively available at Saint Laurent Rive Droite