ollowing on from the very recent «Ombres et Lumières» collection, this spectacular Phantom timepiece was previewed at Watches & Wonders in Geneva at the end of March 2023. It marks a new chapter in the Royale Saphir saga. It is edited in a limited edition, numbered from 1 to 20.
The Royale Saphir Phantom comes in a dark and mysterious definition. Like all «ghost» models, this Pequignet is covered in a monochrome of black that gives the impression that it has been plunged into semi-darkness.
Thus adorned, it becomes almost invisible, as if stealthy. Its 42 mm satin-finish steel case is covered with black DLC.
At the back of this limited edition, we discover the legendary Calibre Royal® entirely dressed in black DLC in perfect harmony with its phantom face. The new Royale Saphir Phantom illustrates all the excellence of Pequignet’s manufacturing savoir-faire by perfectly managing the horological constraints of this type of treatment that needs very specifical adjustments on the different components.
This new Royale Saphir is adorned with a transparent, semi-transparent or opaque sapphire dial, also tinted black. This piece highlights the three counters of the exceptional triple jump date of the Calibre Royal®. The dial of the Royale Saphir Phantom plays on subtle contrasts and transparency. It adds value to the moon-phase complication and the performance of its 88-hour power reserve. It transcends its double aperture as well as its spectacular instant jump large date and day.
The Royale Saphir Phantom features grey luminova hands and hour-markers that glow in the dark. So, it’s dark during the day, but luminous when night falls. A striking contrast! This remarkable watch, which is part of the Royale Saphir family, has been designed to enhance Pequignet’s Manufacture Haute Horlogerie movement, the Calibre Royal®.
This mechanism marks the revival of French watchmaking excellence. It is the first and only French-made movement to place its horological complications on the same plate. Its creation justified the filing of 8 international patents. It is unanimously recognised as a model of performance, precision and reliability.
Mounted on a very elegant black alligator strap with grey stitching and lining, the Royale Saphir Phantom is distinguished by its stylish, racy aesthetic. It is designed and assembled in France, at the Manufacture Pequignet in Morteau.
- Diameter : 42 mm
- Satin finish steel treated with black technical black DLC (thickness of the DLC treatment: 5μ)
- Crown with embossed « Fleur-de-Lys » logo
- Black tinted sapphire
- Date and moon’s discs visibility through the black tinted sapphire
- Grey Super Luminova index
- Large date with double aperture
- Hour and minutes’ hands with grey SuperLuminova
- Polish steel small second and power reserve’s hands with grey Luminova
- Black moonphase
- Black Calibre Royal®
- Frequency of 21 600 Alt./h
- 88-hour power reserve
- 39 jewels
- Sunray oscillating weight and black DLC 3N “Fleur-de-Lys»
- Large balance with compensating screws
- 5 ATM
- 12.3 mm
- 20 mm
- Secured by 6 screws, sapphire opening on the movement
- Black alligator strap with grey stitching and inner coat
- Satin finish steel folding buckle treated with technical black DLC
Limited edition of 20 pieces