s the third and final chapter of a six-year partnership between the luxury retail group and the independent watchmaker, this watch upholds seamless continuation with the first two creations, while offering a distinct interpretation of Arab art.
The Type 1 models serve as a common thread throughout this trilogy, where each watch features a dial adorned with a graphical pattern inspired by Arab geometric art. Additionally, a rose gold colour palette imparts these limited pieces with the hues of the desert.
“This trilogy demonstrates that at first sight different cultures and trades share a common and universal understanding of aesthetic balance,” says Benoît Mintiens, founder of Ressence. “The appreciation of rhythms, patterns or colour is a collective good beyond our origins.” On the association with Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons, he adds: “We are extremely proud and thankful for the result generated by this beautiful and ambitious collaboration.”
The logical arrangement of dial colours on the DX3 gradually unfolds, with darker shades emerging as we move away from the central sub-dials, creating visual complexity that further enhances the watch’s sense of rhythm. It is in the dark that the cloisonné design on the dial truly comes to life when the watch emits its gentle green glow, as it is filled with grade A Super-LumiNova. This luminescent paint also adorns the numerals, like on all Ressence.
The DX3 is crafted on the foundation of the T1° Round, the latest iteration of the Type 1, featuring the new pebble-looking case. The sleek design results in a strikingly smooth watch with a satisfying tactile quality, awakening senses.
This final launch is accompanied by Ressence’s first book “Arts & Crafts in Motion”, limited to 200 copies. The publication offers insights into the genesis, craftsmanship, and fusion of Arab geometric art and horological decorative art within the unique DX trilogy.
• Day of the week
• Patented ROCS 1.3 - Ressence Orbital Convex System - module driven by the minute axle of a customised 2892 base calibre
• Caseback winding and day/time setting
• 36 hours power reserve
• 28,800 vibrations per hour
• 40 jewels
• 27 gears
• Convex German silver dial (125mm radius) with 3 eccentric biaxial satellites inclined at 3° (hours) and 4.75° (seconds and day of the week) with cloisonné filled with Super-LumiNova and coated with rose gold
• Engraved indications filled with grade A Super-LumiNova®
• Grade 5 titanium
• Double-domed sapphire crystal top with anti-reflective coating inside
• Manual winding over 12° and set up via lever
• 42,7 mm (diameter) x 11mm (thickness)
• 1 ATM splash-resistance
Buckle & Strap
• Ardillon buckle
• Beige rubber strap (20/20mm)
Components & Weight
• 212 components / 64 grams Price
• CHF 23’600 (excluding taxes)