he Manero Peripheral Perpetual Calendar is an astonishing feat of horological mechanical engineering, displaying the leap year, date, day, month and moon phase in a small window and four subdials. Its signature complication - from which it draws its name - means it can maintain the correct date for decades to come, without the wearer ever having to make corrections between months of varying lengths.
Even taking leap years into account, the timepiece will remain accurate until the year 2100 before requiring a small adjustment - and then will require further adjustments only every century. That lends the timepiece unmatched power - not just to become a treasured companion throughout the wearer’s lifetime, present at every major life event and richly imbued with their personal story, but a legacy with the potential to become a family heirloom passed down the generations.
That precision is complemented by the Manero Peripheral Perpetual Calendar’s moon-phase complication - an exquisite piece of craftsmanship in itself. It is comprised of hand-engraved hemispheric rose gold moons on aventurine.
One final complication: a peripherally mounted automatic winding system. With a bidirectional oscillating weight that turns on three frictionless ceramic ball-bearings housed in shock-absorbing mountings, this ensures that the view of the movement from the caseback is never obscured and is one of CFB’s signature peripheral technologies. Integrating all these components and boasting a 55-hour power reserve, the CFB A 2055 caliber movement exemplifies the watchmaking finesse of Carl F. Bucherer.
The movement lies beneath designs finished in bold colourways that stand out for their innate confidence and unmistakable style. Available in black, green and taupe, the Manero Peripheral Perpetual Calendar embodies the Manero product family, created for those living in our most vibrant and fashionable cities. Also available - exclusively through Bucherer 1888 and limited to just eight pieces - is a version in an arresting rose hue.
Each Manero Peripheral Perpetual Calendar features a sunray-brushed dial centre and opaline index zone, with rose-gold-plated wedge index marks to complement the case. Dials are colour-matched to calfskin straps that feature a Milky Way texture, quick release system and 18K rose gold pin-lock folding clasp. These designs represent CFB’s embrace of fashion and a passion for colour - a marker of its widening appeal as it evolves beyond the traditions and conventions of high-end watchmaking.
- Automatic, CFB A 2055 manufacture caliber, COSC-certified chronometer, diameter 3O.ó mm, height 5.73 mm, 33 jewels, power reserve 55 hours
- Perpetual calendar (leap year, month, date and day), moon phase (hand-engraved hemispheric rose gold moons on aventurine), hour, minute
- 18K rose gold, domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on one side, case back with sapphire crystal, water resistant to 3 bar (CO m), diameter 41.ó mm, height 11.73 mm
- Black, green or taupe dial, sunray-brushed centre and opaline índex zone, rose-gold-plated wedge índex marks
- Rose-gold-plated wedge hands
- Gradient-coloured calfskin strap with quick release system, 18K rose gold pin-lock folding clasp