Louis-Ulysse Chopard founded his watchmaking factory in Sonvilier, in the Swiss Jura, in 1860. Although the company moved to Geneva in 1920, it returned to its Jurassian roots in 1996 by setting up a separate manufacture to produce its own in-house LUC movements.
For over 20 years, Chopard has been associated with the Mille Miglia vintage car race and this partnership has spawned an entire Chopard Mille Miglia watch collection.
The brand’s icon for ladies’ watches is the Happy Diamonds collection, which incorporates freely-moving diamonds between two sapphire crystals on the dial.
Since Karl Scheufele took over the company in 1963, Chopard has remained in the hands of the Scheufele family, with Caroline and Karl-Friedrich Scheufele currently the co-presidents of the brand.