ado is renowned for its mastery of materials and innovative designs. A perfect example is the True Square collection, which premiered under the motto: “The shape of things to come.” First up were the True Square and True Square Open Heart, featuring soft-cornered square cases framing elegant and intriguing dials. Today Rado premieres the True Square Skeleton, compelling new proof of the brand’s proud statement: “We don’t just know square watches, we invented them!”
Cast in the brand’s signature black, plasma and white monobloc high-tech ceramic, three new references present a split-level dial with a cut-away top plate offering fascinating views of the precisely skeletonized R808 automatic movement. In the black and plasma versions, the anthracite coating of the minute wheel bridge and main platine complements the nickel colour of the bottom dial plate and its Côtes de Genève decoration. Similarly, the gold-coloured centre wheel bridge in the white version captures attention and invites the viewer to explore the intricate beauty of the mechanism inside.
Hands and indexes are coated in rose gold colour on the black, silver on the plasma, and yellow gold colour on the white model. All three versions protect the dial with a flat sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on both faces, and a sapphire crystal set within the sandblasted titanium case back offers additional views of Rado’s new R808 automatic calibre. The R808 is fitted with an antimagnetic NivachronTM hairspring for enhanced resistance to shock, temperature fluctuations and magnetic fields, and features an 80-hour power reserve. Testing in five different positions confirms the built-in accuracy of the watch.
The True Square Skeleton takes up the iconic square look that has long been closely associated with Rado, enhanced by a splendid example of the “Art of Skeletonisation”. All references present the collection’s clear, spare design. Parallel horizontal lines divide the dial into three sections, highlighting geometric harmonies and key parts of the movement.
The upper section leads the eye to the heart of the watch – the balance and its NivachronTM hairspring, while the central section presents the hands, minute wheel bridge and movement jewels, and the bottom section reveals the barrel linked with the power reserve. The black, plasma and white monobloc high-tech ceramic cases are worn with high-tech ceramic link bracelets in the same shades, for exceptional comfort, lightness and beauty.
- Rado calibre R808, automatic, 25 jewels, 3 hands, 80-hour power reserve, antimagnetic NivachronTM hairspring, exceeds standard test requirements from 3 to 5 positions for higher accuracy
- Polished white / plasma / black high-tech ceramic case and crown, monobloc construction
- Two level dial
- Top plate skeletonised
- White / black vertical brushed background
- Yellow-gold / silver / rose-gold coloured indexes with white Super-LumiNova®
- Dark grey / white printed minute track
- Yellow-gold / silver / rose-gold coloured moving anchor symbol on white / black background Yellow-gold-coloured / white / rose-gold coloured printed Rado and Automatic logos
- Yellow-gold-coloured with white veneer / silver / rose-gold coloured with white Super-LumiNova® Yellow-gold / silver / rose-gold coloured second hand
- White / plasma / black polished high-tech ceramic
- Titanium 3-fold clasp
- 38.0 x 44.2 x 9.7 (WxLxH in mm)