Exciting news from Speake-Marin, as the brand has introduced its first women’s watch, on trend with the increasing focus on the feminine side of the watch world.
Up until now, the brand had focused on the male aesthetic. The brand’s ambassador was a James Bond, no less, personifying both class and masculinity.
- Pierce Brosnan, ambassador of Speake-Marin
Now, adding a touch of softness to the usually masculine world of watches, Speake-Marin’s team of in-house designers has created the new Shenandoah wristwatch.
The watch adopts certain design features from the brand’s J-Class collection which has its own well defined character based on a proud sailing tradition. But the new watch is feminine down to the smallest detail.
The first connection to the J-Class collection is the fact that this new watch also bears the name of a famous schooner launched in 1902, the Shenandoah. Its femininity becomes evident when we learn that the Shenandoah is one of the oldest and most beautiful traditional yachts in the world, and that the name means “the beautiful girl of the stars” in Amerindian.
- Speake-Marin’s first women’s watch, the Shenandoah
True to its heritage, the watch inspires the wearer to travel. The flagship model of the collection is inspired by the world’s great sea expeditions and has a dial adorned with naval maps. And for the world travellers out there, it comes with a dual time zone function, so that you will never lose track of time.
Speake-Marin’s desire was to pay tribute to women, and the feminine elegance of its new watch line is quite evident. The brand has also given the ladies the respect that they deserve, too. Rather than just taking an existing men’s model and setting it with gemstones in a smaller dial, this is a new design altogether. Thanks to this kind of attention to detail, this watch is on course to win over women’s hearts. (VJ)
- Speake-Marin’s flagship Shenandoah
- MOVEMENT: 2 Quartz Eta E01-001 movements
- INDICATIONS: Hours and minutes
- CASE: Oval case in 18k red gold. Sapphire crystal. Two 18k gold crowns. Bezel in 18k red gold or in 18K red gold set with 122 brillants-cut diamonds (1.70 cts)
- DIMENSIONS: 38 mm x 31 mm
- WATER RESISTANCE: 3 bar (30 meters)
- DIAL: Dual time zone. Outer dial white with mother of pearl centres
- HANDS: Two red gold guilded pairs of hands
- STRAP: Satin, alligator or colored snake. Pin Buckle in 18k red gold