he Chronomaster Sport collection is the beginning of a new chapter for Zenith and its ongoing saga of groundbreaking automatic chronographs. Combining emblematic elements from past Zenith Icons while bringing out its own unique identity, the brand introduces a contemporary and versatile chronograph with the added flair of rose gold for this new reference.
For this lavish version of Zenith’s modern yet timeless sporty-chic chronograph, the 41mm case is crafted in18k rose gold with pump-style pushers. The polished black ceramic bezel is engraved with 1/10th of a second scale, filled with matte gold lacquer matching the case and dial for a bold contrast and exceptional legibility of the fractional elapsed time display on the bezel.
The white lacquered dial features the iconic tri-colour chronograph counters in shades of rhodium, anthracite and blue, while the hands and applied markers carry on the gold and black palette. A black calfskin strap completes the look by allowing the case and bezel to stand out even more, fixed to a rose gold folding buckle.
The result of over fifty years of constant innovation and improvement, the Chronomaster Sport is equipped with the latest version of the Manufacture’s most renowned movement, dubbed the El Primero 3600 calibre. Pushing its acclaimed performance even higher, Zenith is able to precisely offer a 1/10th of second display from the 5 Hz (36’000 VpH) escapement, as well as an extended power reserve of 60 hours.
Its overall form and finish have also been modernised with a new, more open architecture, complete with a blue column wheel and open rotor marked with the five-pointed Zenith star motif.
The Chronomaster Sport in rose gold complements the collection with an alternative version that easily goes from sporty to elegant and is available as of now at Zenith boutiques and retailers around the world.
- Key points: Automatic El Primero column-wheel chronograph able to measure and display 1/10th of a second. 1/10th of a second indication on the ceramic bezel. Increased power reserve of 60 hours. Date indication at 4:30. Stop-second mechanism
- Movement: El Primero 3600 automatic
- Frequency: 36000 VpH (5 Hz)
- Power reserve: Min. 60 hours
- Functions: Hours and minutes in the centre. Small seconds at 9 o’clock, 1/10th of a second Chronograph: Central chronograph hand that makes one turn in 10 seconds, 60-minute counter at 6 o’clock, 60-second counter at 3 o’clock
- Diameter: 41 mm
- Material: 18-ct Rose gold with Black ceramic bezel
- Water resistance: 10 ATM
- Dial: White matte dial with three different applied coloured counters
- Hour-markers: Gold-plated, faceted and coated with Super-LumiNova SLN C1
- Hands: Gold-plated, faceted and coated with Super-LumiNova SLN C1
- Bracelet & buckle: Black calfskin leather bracelet. Rose gold triple folding clasp
- Price: CHF 19,900