he round case and angular lugs of the Slim d’Hermès Squelette Lune exemplify a blend of rigorous discipline and optimal balance, playing with paradoxes, hovering between elements that are at once classical and contemporary, understated and assertive.
In a clever juxtaposition of materials, the bead-blasted titanium case-middle is topped by a precious platinum bezel and a white gold crown, creating subtle light and textural effects. The deep shades of the skeletonised dial, accentuated by its airy architecture and alternating matt and glossy finishes, express both the character and the refinement of this beautiful horological object.
In keeping with the cosmic and dreamlike dimension of Hermès time, a double Moon, also open-worked, completes this light and easily legible ensemble, sweeping over the slender blue hands that match the stitching on the alligator leather strap.
The hours, minutes and moon phases beat to the rhythm of the ultra-thin self-winding Hermès H1953 Manufacture movement, adorned with the ‘sprinkling of Hs’ motif. The finely fashioned movement, case and strap are crafted by artisans in the Hermès Horloger workshops, based on the inherent skills of the Maison.
- Large Model (GM), ∅ 39.5 mm, round
- Caseband and caseback in beadblasted grade 5 titanium (Ti 88%).
- Bezel in 950 platinum (≈ 11.49 g)
- 750 white gold crown and pusher
- Anti-glare sapphire crystal and caseback
- Black-gold sunburst flange and grey-transferred minutes track
- Blue PVD-coated hands
- Ultra-thin H1953 Manufacture Hermes movement
- Mechanical self-winding movement, crafted in Switzerland
- Hours, minutes, double moon-phase at 6 o’clock
- Grade 2 titanium (Ti 99%) pin buckle, 17 mm
- Matt graphite alligator