olour is part of the history and DNA of Doxa: it was the first watch brand to dare to put an orange dial on a diver’s watch. Not as a provocation, but because it made diving sense: an orange dial is much easier to read under water. Still, a bold move in a world of gray and black dials. That was in 1967.
More than 50 years after its initial launch, rich with a unique history, the legendary SUB is now available for the first time totally in white. It is a new Doxa diver’s watch, in its purest iteration, that is being revealed - an immaculate white SUB 200, refreshingly sporty: the SUB 200 Whitepearl.
White now joins the six dial colours already offered in the SUB 200, SUB 300 and SUB 1500T collections. True to the brand’s tradition of evocative designators, like Sharkhunter or Searambler, it also comes with a name of its own: Whitepearl.
Doxa’s seventh colour is being inaugurated on the SUB 200 dive watch (3 hands, date). The 42mm case, made of the highest quality 316L stainless steel, features a domed, scratch-resistant ‘glass box’ sapphire crystal, a unidirectional rotating bezel and a screw-down crown. The SUB 200 is water-resistant to 200 meters (≈650 feet) and all dive-related displays have a white Super-LumiNova® luminescent coating to ensure excellent readability in low-light diving conditions. Equipped with a Swiss automatic movement, the SUB 200 offers a power reserve of approximately 38 hours.
The SUB 200 Whitepearl is available in two versions: either with the iconic Doxa stainless steel ‘rice bead’ mesh bracelet with folding clasp, or with a sportier, supple and durable rubber strap in Whitepearl White with distinctive Doxa signs on both sides and a pin buckle. The rubber strap is now also available in two sizes, Standard and Small.
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- 799.10.011.23 (white, rubber strap – strap size: Standard)
- 799.15.011.23 (white, rubber strap – strap size: Small)
- 799.10.011.10 (white, stainless steel bracelet)
- Stainless steel 316L
- Diameter: 42mm
- Crystal: ‘Glass box’ sapphire
- Unidirectional rotating bezel, lug width: 19mm
- Stainless steel screw-down case back – Screw-down crown
- Water resistance: 200 meters, 20 ATM/bar (about 650 feet)
- Painted indices treated with a Super-LumiNova® luminescent coating
- Hands treated with a Super-LumiNova® luminescent coating
- Painted outer minute track
- Stainless steel with a sapphire insert – unidirectional rotation
- Swiss, mechanical self-winding
- Power reserve: about 48 hours
Bracelet – 2 options
- Stainless steel ‘rice bead’ bracelet with a folding buckle featuring a diver’s extension and the ‘Doxa fish’ symbol.
- Rubber strap in Whitepearl White (2 sizes available: Standard and Small) to match the dial colour
- Pin buckle featuring the ‘Doxa fish’ symbol.
Suggested retail price
- CHF 990.00 for the version with the stainless steel ‘rice bead’ bracelet
- CHF 950.00 for the version with the rubber strap