ince its creation in 2014, the Octo Finissimo collection has made an indelible imprint on contemporary Haute Horlogerie. An explorer of technical ultra-miniaturisation matched by extremely slim and understated design, the range has given life to true modern-day icons.
As a tribute to the world records and the unique style of these iconic timepieces, which appeal to both watch connoisseurs and devotes of Italian elegance, Bulgari presents three new exclusive Octo Finissimo models. Minute Repeater, Chronograph GMT and Tourbillon Chronograph Skeleton: these flagship timepieces reveal the art of Bulgari in seamlessly merging absolute technicality, refined aesthetics and modernity.
Octo Finissimo Minute Repeater
In 2016, two years after the debut of the Octo Finissimo collection, a watch definitely entered the exclusive circle of Haute Horlogerie complications: the Octo Finissimo Minute Repeater, the thinnest chiming watch on the market. Remarkably complex and slender (3.12 mm for the movement and 6.61 mm for the case), this timepiece immediately stands out by its modern and refined design. Crafted in ultra-light titanium, its octagonal case measuring 40 mm in diameter opens onto a dial also in titanium, with openworked hour-markers and small seconds. These stylised apertures further amplify the excellent acoustic properties of titanium. Today, Bulgari revisits the bold and powerful style of this grand complication in a very contemporary version in sandblasted titanium with a matte blue openworked dial and structured rubber strap. The understated and contemporary design frames a manual-winding in-house movement: the ultra-thin BVL 362 calibre driving the hours, minutes, small seconds and minute repeater functions.
- Ref. 103669
- Mechanical ultra-thin Manufacture manual-winding movement with minute repeater and small seconds – calibre BVL 362 (3.12 mm thick). 42-hour power reserve, 21’600 VPH (3 Hz) frequency.
- 40 mm sandblasted titanium case with transparent caseback, 6.61 mm thick, titanium crown with black ceramic insert and titanium push-buttons; openworked matte blue dial with small second counter, titanium hands. Water resistant to 3 ATM.
- Blue FKM rubber bracelet with sunblasted titanium buckle.
Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Automatic
The monochrome style of the Octo Finissimo collection is as much a signature as its technical feats and slender lines. This new sporty watch is an all-steel reinterpretation of the famous GMT automatic chronograph launched in 2019, a world thinness record at just 3.3 mm. Both functional and seductive, this creation stylishly lends itself to all occasions with its ultra-thin octagonal case in satin-finished polished steel measuring 43 mm in diameter and water-resistant to 100 metres. Its vertically brushed silver-toned dial accentuates this tone-on-tone look that is both understated and trendy, teamed with a comfortable brushed steel bracelet. The sporty-chic case houses an Haute Horlogerie movement: the in-house BVL 318 calibre with an integrated chronograph and GMT function. The perfect fusion of design and technology in an ultra-thin case for what remains the thinnest mechanical chronograph ever made.
- Ref. 103661
- Mechanical ultra-thin Manufacture automatic-winding movement with chronograph and GMT functions – Calibre BVL 318 (3.30 mm thick). 55-hour power reserve, 28’800 VPH (4 Hz) frequency.
- 43 mm satin-polished steel case with transparent caseback, 8.75 mm thick, steel crown with black ceramic insert; silver-coloured dial with vertical brushed finish, silver-coloured hands filled with SLN. Water resistant to 10 ATM.
- Satin-polished steel bracelet with 3-blade folding clasp.
Octo Finissimo Tourbillon Chronograph Skeleton Automatic
More recently, in 2020, Bulgari pursued its feats in the field of horological thinness with a sixth consecutive world record achieved by the Octo Finissimo Tourbillon Chronograph Skeleton Automatic. Its self-winding skeleton movement with a monopusher chronograph and tourbillon functions is housed within a thickness of only 3.5 mm. This distillation of technical virtuosity and ultra-modern design is presented in a new precious platinum interpretation. Its 43 mm case, topped by a white gold and ceramic crown, frames an elegant openworked dial with two grey chronograph counters, entirely revealing the BVL 388 skeletonised in-house calibre and its tourbillon at 6 o’clock. The watch face is swept over by blue hands matching the alligator leather strap secured by a platinum buckle.
- Ref. 103510
- Mechanical ultra-thin Manufacture automatic-winding skeletonized movement with tourbillon and single push-piece chronograph – Calibre BVL 388 (3.50 mm thick). 52-hour power reserve, 21’600 VPH (3 Hz) frequency.
- 43 mm platinum case with transparent caseback, 7.40 mm thick, white gold crown with black ceramic insert and white gold push-buttons; openworked dial with grey chronograph counters and blue hands. Water resistant to 3 ATM.
- Blue alligator bracelet with platinum buckle.