anerai shares its commitment to developing strategies for a sustainable future, including reducing waste and promoting reuse of materials. The new Submersible QuarantaQuattro eSteel™ recognizes the critical importance of sustainability goals while maintaining the brand’s established design codes and technical finesse: 72g of the Submersible QuarantaQuattro eSteel™ is made of recycled materials, corresponding to 52% of the total weight of the watch (that is 137g).
eSteel™ has the same properties as conventional steel, including identical chemical behavior, physical structure and resistance to corrosion, making the metal a natural companion for the iconic Submersible collection of diving watches. An engraving on the crown protection device and inscription on the dial indicate the presence of eSteel™.
The dial and bezel of the 44mm Submersible QuarantaQuattro eSteel™ match in color. Deep blue, gray and green comprise the moody palette of options.
The Panerai Submersible QuarantaQuattro eSteel™ is original in more ways than one. Never before has the brand used polished ceramic material, but the high gloss surface on the unidirectional bezel is the first of its kind in Panerai history. And the gleaming mechanism frames another standout element: the dial has a polished finish and color gradient that steadily deepens from top to bottom, giving its appearance a surprising dimension.
The P.900 is an automatic calibre that is only 4.2mm thick and supports a date indication and three-day power reserve.
The Submersible QuarantaQuattro eSteel™ is water-resistant to 30 bar (approximately 300 meters). Two straps are included with each watch, both in the same color as their companion dial. The focus of Panerai on sustainability is not confined to eSteel™; the first strap is composed of fabric made recycled PET, while the second strap is made from recycled rubber. A tool that allows interchangeability of the straps and a screwdriver for removing the buckle also accompanies every watch.
The models will be available exclusively in Panerai boutiques and online at panerai.com.
- Movement: Automatic mechanical, P.900 calibre, 12 ½ lignes, 4.2 mm thick, 23 jewels, 28,800 alternations/hour. Incabloc™ anti-shock device. One barrel. 171 components
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date, calculation of immersion time
- Power Reserve: 3 days
- Case: Diameter 44mm. Brushed eSteel™ case. Brushed eSteel™ ceramic anti-clockwise rotating bezel
- with graduated scale. Screw case-back in brushed eSteel™. Brushed steel Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark). Sapphire crystal formed of corondum
- Dial: Green polished gradient with luminous hour markers and dots. Date at 3 o’clock, small seconds at 9 o’clock
- Strap: Recycled PET Green, T/T, STD, 24/22. Trapezoidal brushed steel buckle
- Waterproof: 30 bar ( 300 meters)