limited edition, the new Ulysse Nardin Diver Chronograph Great White 44 mm chronograph has a sandblasted and satin finish titanium case and displays a white, unidirectional, rotating, rubberized bezel. A contemporary and functional model designed specifically for the deep, it is fitted with the Caliber UN 150 self winding movement the watch works thanks to revolutionary silicium technology, pioneered by Ulysse Nardin at its headquarters.
It features a 30 minute counter, a 12 hour counter and a small second counter with date, escapement wheel, anchor balance spring in silicium. Touches of blue and white decorate the grey dial. The lettering “Great White” appears below the Ulysse Nardin logo. The silhouette of the animal is the key signature of the white rubber strap, while the grey of the dial is reminiscent of shark skin.
The concave bezel with a domed sapphire glass creates a sleek look designed for those who consider exploring the depths of the ocean a personal challenge. Engineered to withstand 300 meter depth, the new diver watch is designed to inhabit the undersea environment right alongside its namesake. The Diver Chronograph 44 mm Limited Edition Great White follows a long tradition of shark named diver watches including a women’s Great White Diver launched in 2019. It is available in a limited series of just 300 pieces. 1% of the revenues from sales of this watch will be donated to the planet to support via non profit organizations focused on sharks.
With their status as the apex predators of the sea and as a largely misunderstood species of marine life, sharks are the avatars and cherished icons of Ulysse Nardin. These majestic top predators are essential to the natural order of marine ecosystems.
Currently their most severe menace is from overfishing, and many species are threatened with extinction. Sharks have been an irreplaceable resource for coastal communities in the developing world for centuries. Ulysse Nardin is dedicated to the conservation of sharks, one of the emblems of the iconic Swiss watch manufacturer.
In honour of Shark Week and celebrating the launch of its new Diver Chrono Great White, the brand announces its increasing support of a new fleet of shark conservation initiatives and partners:
- Joining One Percent for the Planet, pledging to donate 1% of annual sales of all “shark watches” to support non-profit organizations focused on sharks.
- Partnering with Shark Trust, a conservation charity working to reform unsustainable and unmanaged fisheries, and the supply chains that drive the global consumption of shark products.
- Welcoming Mike Coots as a new friend of the brand, who lost his right leg in a tiger shark attack while bodyboarding. Since then, he advocates for saving sharks in an effort to maintain balance in the ecosystem.
- UN 150 Manufacture
- Chronograph / Self winding movement
- 30 minutes, 12 hours & small seconds counter with date
- Escapement wheel, anchor & balance spring in silicium
- 318 Components
- 25 jewels
- Frequency 4 Hz
- Oscillations 28,800 V/H
- Titanium sandblasted & satin finish case
- Concave white rubberized unidirectional rotating bezel with a domed sapphire glass
- Great White shark stamped on the case back
- 44 mm
- Grey sandblasted dial
- 30 minutes counter at 3 o’clock
- 12 hours counter & date at 6 o’clock
- Small second at 9 o’clock
- Hours, minutes & small counters Hands & Indexes with Superluminova
- 48 hours
- White rubber strap with Great White shark in Superluminova
- UN titanium element at 6 o’clock
- Titanium tang buckle or deploying buckle
- 300 meters
- 300 timepieces