he new TAG Heuer Carrera Red Dial Limited Edition draws from the same pure, understated, and legible aesthetic that first made the Heuer Carrera a favorite among demanding racing pilots on and off the track. The silhouette of the original Heuer Carrera reference 2447 is retained including the signature lugs and pushers, now scaled up to a contemporary 39-mm. The indexes and hours and minutes hands are faceted, rhodium-plated and coated with Super-LumiNova® for optimal readability.
Under a glassbox, the unmistakable dial with its tri-compax layout, takes on a brand new style however, in deep red. Although seldom covering the entire dial in the TAG Heuer Carrera collection, the use of red has been a TAG Heuer signature throughout the decades: from the brand logos, subtle design accents such as the red tachymeter scale on the 1960s Heuer Carreras, bright red hands on the Heuer Monaco or Ayrton Senna’s favorite chronograph, to stand-out pieces such as the Heuer Silverstone of 1974, one of the few strong, red-dialed watches of that period, the color is core to the TAG Heuer identity.
Today, this crimson interpretation makes a statement and brings new energy to the classic timepiece. The face is sunray brushed while the three chronograph counters - hours, minutes and permanent second indicator - are snailed, bringing a subtle contrast and mesmerizing play of light to the wrist. The dial naturally sports the emblematic Heuer logo and Carrera name.
The watches’ in-house high-precision chronograph movement, the Calibre Heuer 02, with its outstanding power reserve of 80 hours is also personalized with touches of red on the column wheel and oscillating mass engravings. These can be observed through the sapphire crystal case back.
Presented on a black alligator strap with a steel folding clasp, the TAG Heuer Carrera Red Dial Limited Edition is limited to 600 pieces. Each will carry the mentions “ONE OF 600” and “Limited Edition” on the case back.
- TAG Heuer Calibre Heuer 02 Automatic
- Hours, minutes, seconds, chronograph
- Red sunray brushed dial
- 3 counters: 3 o’clock: “snailed” minute chronograph counter / 6 o’clock: “snailed” permanent second indicator / 9 o’clock: “snailed” hour chronograph counter
- Rhodium-plated applied indexes, hour and minute hands with Super-LumiNova®
- Rhodium-plated central hand
- 39 mm diameter
- Polished stainless-steel case
- Domed sapphire crystal with double anti-reflective treatment
- Stainless-steel standard crown at 3 o’clock with push buttons at 2 and 4 o’clock
- Stainless-steel sapphire crystal screw-down case back with special engraving
- “Limited Edition” and “ONE OF 600” engraved
- Water resistance: 100 meters
- Black alligator leather strap
- Steel folding clasp with double safety push buttons, HEUER logo
Limited to 600 pieces