he new Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Chronograph features a sandblasted dial, offered in a choice of two colours: silvery white or dark blue. The hour and minute hands are partially openworked and lined with Super-LumiNova®.
Facetted and applied indexes denote the hours, shining brightly with just the merest suggestion of light. Positioned between each index and the minute track, a rectangular-shaped soupçon of SLN augments readability in dim light conditions. The aforementioned track uses a combination of crisp lines and red Arabic numerals, optimising overall legibility.
At first glance, the dial appears to have just two counters, arranged along a north-south axis. However, closer examination reveals there is a small seconds display at 9 o’clock and a day and date display positioned opposite, all of which prove simple to read. The dominant counters comprise a 30-minute register at 12 o’clock and a 12-hour register below, each endowed with sandblasted centres and framed with snailed detail. The Maurice Lacroix design team have enriched the composition with numerous elements, presenting dial components at different heights and judiciously using colours in order to enrich the ownership experience.
The bezel is executed in scratch-resistant ceramic and is equipped with a tachymeter, a function that allows the wearer to determine the speed of an object over a known distance. This underlines the sporty character of the watch while simultaneously exhibiting a classical, retro appearance.
Maurice Lacroix has retained some design elements found on former models such as the elongated pushpieces and the distinctive double-stepped lugs. The case juxtaposes satin-brushed and polished surfaces, delivering contrast and a notable sense of style. To the rear of the watch, a pane of sapphire crystal affords sight of the automatic ML112 calibre. Upholding Maurice Lacroix’s reputation for delivering high-perceived value, the movement is appointed with a combination of Côtes de Genève, perlage and sunbrush decoration.
The model is supplied on a colour co-ordinated, M-branded nylon strap with tone-on-tone stitching that is lined with luxurious nubuck leather. The Pontos S Chronograph is also available with a 3-rows steel bracelet. Owners can modify the appearance of the watch courtesy of the Easy Strap Exchange system, swapping the strap or bracelet for an alter native, without the need for tools.
- Case diameter: 43 mm
- Case height: 15 mm
- Case material: Stainless steel case with black ceramic bezel
- Water resistance: 10 ATM
- Dial: Dark blue sandblasted; Sandblasted counters and rhodium external rings
- Indexes: Rhodium-plated, white SLN X1
- Hands: Rhodium-plated, white SLN X1
- Bracelet: 3-row steel bracelet; easychange system
- Buckle: Butterfly in stainless steel
- Extra strap: Dark blue nylon, rhodium-plated M logo; easychange system
- Extra buckle: Butterfly in stainless steel
- Movement: Automatic ML112
- Functions: Hours and minutes; Small second at 9 o’clock.; Date at 6 o’clock; Chronograph: seconds by central hand, 30-minute counter at 12 o’clock, 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock
- Vibrations: 28,800 vph / 4 Hz
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Number of jewels: 21
- Decorations: Circular-graining and Côtes de Genève; Vertical Côtes de Genève and sun-brushed finish on rotor, Rhodium-plated