hen the first DiaStar was presented by Rado in April 1962 at the Basel fair, it created a sensation. After years of research and development, the world’s first scratch-proof watch was born.
Sixty year later, the brand its presenting both a special anniversary edition, created in collaboration with Swiss designer Alfredo Häberli, and new DiaStar Original models that enter the collection.
- Alfredo Häberli
The new DiaStar Original 60-Year-Anniversary model is framed by a radial-brushed Ceramos™ coiffe with polished angles and detailing set over a matching, monochrome stainless steel case, while a sapphire crystal with hexagonal facets marks six decades since the original watch.
The new standard DiaStar Original model features a parallel-stripe-faceted sapphire crystal, polished and brushed H-link stainless-steel bracelet, and a range of different dial colours in blue, grey and green.
The Rado R764 automatic movement with 80 hours of power reserve ensures reliable and precise timekeeping.
Rado DiaStar Original 60-Year Anniversary Edition
- Rado calibre R764 (gold plated), automatic, 25 jewels, 3 hands, date and graphical day display with 2 colour scheme in grey or natural colour Super-LumiNova® at 6 o’clock
- 80-hour power reserve
- Antimagnetic Nivachron™ hairspring, exceeds standard test requirements from 3 to 5 positions for higher accuracy
- Polished Ceramos™ bezel radially-brushed conical external surface
- Polished stainless steel middle part
- Polished stainless steel crown, with matt anchor symbol
- Hexagon facetted sapphire crystal anti-reflective coating on inside face
- Polished stainless steel case back
- Special engraving on case back: DIASTAR ORIGINAL 60-YEAR ANNIVERSARY EDITION, DESIGN ALFREDO HÄBERLI
- Water-resistant to 10 bar (100m)
- Metallic grey, circular brushed
- Dot indexes filled with natural colour Super-LumiNova®
- Silver coloured moving anchor symbol on metallic grey background
- Grey printed Rado logo
- Rhodium coloured with natural colour Super-LumiNova®
- Rhodium coloured second hand with blind hole
- EasyClip system
- Satin brushed stainless steel “Milanese”, polished sides, satin brushed cover with polished openers
- Additional grey textile strap, satin brushed stainless steel extendable folding clasp and polished pushers
- 38.0 x 45.0 x 12.3 (WxLxH in mm)