ithout a doubt, Longines is a watchmaking brand with a strong tradition. This is the inexorable result of a long, continuous and rich history. This 190-year history brought the brand to the pinnacle of watchmaking, which is expressed today in a series of three exclusive timepieces from The Longines Master Collection, a worthy heir to the brand’s know-how.
Mastering the measure of time: over the years and through its different guises, the winged hourglass brand has ceaselessly striven to combine its quest for precision with an aesthetic standard that still underpins its identity today. Centuries-old craftsmanship forged in tradition, elegance and performance has raised Longines to the ranks of the great watchmakers.
The history of Longines is punctuated by technical and aesthetic innovations that reflect the ambitions of the brand’s founders: to dare to be avant-garde, achieve excellence and make innovation a continuous quest. Those aspirations still shape the company’s legacy.
To mark its 190th anniversary, Longines is presenting a series of three exclusive timepieces from The Longines Master Collection, a line emblematic of its rich heritage. Combining classic elegance and excellence, these watches are available in stainless steel and gold. The 18-carat yellow gold and rose gold versions are presented in a limited, numbered edition of 190 pieces to underline their exclusivity.
These new timepieces stand out aesthetically through their meticulous workmanship and the special care lavished on every detail. The grained anthracite, brushed grey or sandblasted silver dial is distinguished by a unique finish and delicately engraved Arabic numerals. Elegant pink, gilt or blued steel hands mark the passing hours, minutes and seconds, highlighting the dials’ refined purity.
The 40mm round case, with classic lines, houses an exclusive in-house Longines movement with a silicon balance-spring, guaranteeing high- precision. All the painstaking craftsmanship of this watch can be admired through the transparent back, which features a commemorative engraving. A soft, anthracite grey leather strap completes the style of these high-end pieces. These outstanding watches are the worthy heirs to the brand’s age-old craftsmanship and encapsulate the rich history of Longines.
- Mechanical self-winding movement
- Calibre L888.5 11½ lines, 21 jewels, 25’200 vibrations per hours
- With silicon balance-spring Power reserve of 72 hours
- Hours, minutes and seconds
- 40.00 mm, 9.35 mm thickness
- L2.7188.8.131.52: Round, stainless steel
- L2.7184.108.40.206: Round, 18-carat yellow gold
- L2.7220.127.116.11: Round, 18-carat rose gold
- Sapphire glass with multi-layered anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Transparent case back with commemorative engraving
- L2.718.104.22.168 Sandblasted silver, 12 engraved Arabic numerals and vintage Longines logo
- L2.722.214.171.124 Vertical brushed grey, 12 engraved Arabic numerals and vintage Longines logo
- L2.7126.96.36.199 Grained Anthracite, 12 engraved Arabic numerals and vintage Longines logo
- L2.7188.8.131.52 Blued steel hands
- L2.7184.108.40.206 Gilt hands
- L2.7220.127.116.11 Pink hands
- To 3 bar (30 meters)