his year, Longines is expanding its Flagship Heritage collection with new versions equipped with a moon-phase complication. With an understated, timeless design, the steel case with screw-down back measures 38.5 mm in diameter. Its redesign features satin-brushed finishes and shortened chamfered lugs, making it the perfect size watch for any wrist.
An emblematic line for the brand since the late 1950s, Flagship was one of Longines’ very first collections. The “flagship” flies the flag of the fleet’s Commander-in-Chief. The emblem of the Flagship Heritage collection, a caravel on a gold medallion is embossed on the watch’s screw- down back.
The timepieces are powered by an L899.5 self-winding mechanical movement with a moon-phase complication. Rotating on a small dial at 6 o’clock, this astronomical function is paired with the date indicator hand in the colours of the moon, the hour markers and the hour, minute and second hands, depending on the model. The calibre is also fitted with a silicon balance-spring, offering resistance to magnetic fields and superior precision. It has an up to 72-hour power reserve.
The new Flagship Heritage models also feature distinctive domed dials inspired by the original 1957 watch. Silvered opaline, sunray silver or sunray blue, they are enhanced by eleven applied hour markers, gilt or silvered, elongated at 3, 9 and 12 o’clock. The hours and minutes hands are gilt- or silver-polished, depending on the model, and coated with Super-LumiNova for optimum readability, day or night.
Fitted with a new Heritage pin buckle, the brown, grey or blue leather straps offer a perfect fit and comfort while matching the colours of the dials.
A striking tribute to the line’s historic model, the new Flagship Heritage watches combine technical expertise with timeless elegance.
- Mechanical self-winding movement
- Calibre L899.5
- 11 1/2 lines, 21 jewels, 25 200 vibrations per hour
- With silicon balance-spring, magnetic resistant
- Power reserve up to 72 hours
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Moonphase display and date ring with indication
- by a small hand at 6 o’clock
- ⌀38.5 mm, 12.40 mm thickness
- Round shape, stainless steel
- Sapphire glass with multi-layered anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Screw-down case back with an embossed flagship on a gold medallion
- Opaline silver, sunray silver, sunray blue
- Applied indexes
- Gilt or silvered polished filled with Super-Luminova® (hours and minutes hands)
- To 3 bar (30 meters)
- Brown, grey or blue alligator strap with new Heritage buckle