utch retailer Ace Jewelers and Frederique Constant jointly present the Highlife Worldtimer Amsterdam, a limited edition of 100 pieces. The matte black dial with dashes of red and white is inspired by the flag of Amsterdam.
“Frederique Constant has deep ties with the Netherlands. The brand was established by a Dutch couple, and the current CEO, Niels Eggerding, who has been a dear friend of mine for almost 20 years, is also Dutch,” explains Alon Ben Joseph, owner of Ace Jewelers. “The introduction of the Highlife collection signifies a fresh direction for the brand, one that I greatly appreciate, especially when combined with their outstanding in-house Worldtimer movement. Following the success of our previous worldtimer, the NOMOS Zurich Weltzeit Amsterdam, I’ve been thinking about a sequel in this globetrotting series. The Highlife has proven to be an ideal canvas for this endeavor, and I’m really proud of the result”.
The Ace x Frederique Constant Highlife Worldtimer Amsterdam departs from the opulent aesthetics of the regular model, opting instead for a sleek and utilitarian design. The sunburst finish with an embossed globe on the dial has been replaced with a matte black surface. Hints of red and white evoke the colors of the Amsterdam flag: red ‘Amsterdam’ which replaces ‘Geneva’ on the city disc, the red nighttime hours on the 24-hour disc, and the three crosses that symbolize the city as appliques at 12:00.
“Amsterdam occupies a unique and cherished spot in my heart, not just as one of my favorite Dutch cities but as a beloved destination worldwide. It’s my birthplace, and in later years, I’ve been fortunate to both reside and work in this captivating city for an extended period. When my dear friend Alon suggested the idea for this collaboration, it felt entirely natural for us to wholeheartedly embrace it”, says Niels Eggerding, CEO of Frederique Constant.
Derived from the Highlife Worldtimer series, the 41mm stainless steel timepiece is driven by the in-house calibre FC-718. The Highlife Worldtimer Amsterdam is available in a one-time limited run of just 100 pieces at a price of EUR 4.295 incl. VAT / EUR 3.550 excl. VAT.
• 100 pieces, individually numbered on case back with engraving “Ace Jewelers xxx/100”
• Hours, minutes, seconds, date by hand, worldtimer
• FC-718 manufacture caliber, automatic with all functions adjustable by the crown
• Perlage & circular Côtes de Genève decorations
• 38-hour power reserve, 28’800 alt/h, 26 jewels
• Brushed and polished stainless steel 3-part case
• Diameter of 41 mm Height of 12,90 mm
• Scratch-resistant and anti-reflective convex sapphire crystal
• See-through case back
• Water-resistant up to 10ATM/100m/330feet
• Black dial with matt finishing
• Silver color applied indexes with white luminous treatment
• 24H disc with day (white) & night (red) indication
• Black city disc with 24 cities
• Brushed and polished stainless steel 3-link bracelet
• Includes an additional black rubber strap with red stitching