• Gross sales increase by one billion to CHF 8’143 million, up 14% on 2011.
• Net income rises 26% to CHF 1’608 million.
• Operating profit amounts to CHF 1’984 million, a rise of 22.9% compared with 2011. Operating margin increases from 23.9% to 25.4%.
• Over 1’500 new jobs created, of which approximately 900 in Switzerland.
• Proposed dividend increase of 17.4%, CHF 6.75 per bearer share (2011: CHF 5.75) and CHF 1.35 per registered share (2011: CHF 1.15).
• The 2013 financial year started well in January with continued healthy growth.
- Group Key Figures
Following publication of sales figures on 10 January 2013, we now present the Group key figures. This advance information will be followed by the distribution and discussion of the detailed annual report at the press conference scheduled for 6 March 2013.
Watches & Jewellery
The Watches and Jewelry segment saw a further significant increase in sales. Gross sales amounted to CHF 7 298 million, up 15.6% on 2011. All brands contributed to this good result, with the high range and middle range price segments recording very strong growth. In geographic terms, sales growth was distributed over all continents, in particular outside the Greater China area, such as Europe, the United States, Russia and the Middle East.
- Watches & Jewellery
The segment’s operating profit increased by 20.8% to CHF 1 633 million, which corresponds to an operating margin of 23.5%. Despite ongoing unfavorable currency developments, the Swatch Group maintained its long-term policy of not implementing any short-term price increases, which allowed it to continue gaining new market shares across all areas. In marketing, continuing high investments, some amounting to hundreds of millions of Swiss francs, have been spent for the further development of the various brands, in particular for Omega during the very successful Olympic Games in London.
In the multibrand retail sector, the already well established Tourbillon retail brand continued to develop extremely well, with new openings in the United States in particular. The introduction of the new and innovative retail concept for brands in the segments from Swatch to Longines, which operates under the name “Hour Passion”, was extremely successful. In addition to airport operations, the first boutiques were opened in Paris and Moscow and “Hour Passion” stores will be opening soon in London and Rome.
For full report, click HERE
Source: Swatch Group