agerly awaited each year by watchmaking professionals and enthusiasts, the 22nd awards ceremony of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève, poetically hosted by Edouard Baer, was held on Thursday 10 November in Geneva’s Théâtre du Léman.
The GPHG Academy - regrouping 650 key figures in the profession worldwide - and the 2022 Jury chaired by Nick Foulkes saluted watchmaking excellence and expertise by attributing 21 prizes including the famous “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix “best-in-show” distinction, which was awarded to MB&F for the Legacy Machine Sequential Evo watch.
Akrivia, Bulgari, Grand Seiko, Ferdinand Berthoud, Grönefeld, H. Moser & Cie, Hermès, Krayon, M.A.D. Editions, Parmigiani Fleurier, Sylvain Pinaud, TAG Heuer, Trilobe, Tudor, Van Cleef & Arpels and Voutilainen brands were also honoured with one of the prestigious awards.
The Special Jury Prize, which rewards a key figure or institution in the watchmaking world, was attribute this year to François Junod, automaton-maker and sculptor.
The 90 nominated timepieces, including the winners, are on display at the Musée Rath in Geneva until 20 November 2022. The 2022 winners will also be presented in New York from December 1 to 4.
2022 PRIZE LIST
- “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix: MB&F, Legacy Machine Sequential Evo
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Parmigiani Fleurier, Tonda PF Automatic
- Ladies’ Complication Watch Prize: Hermès, Arceau Le temps voyageur
- Men’s Watch Prize: Akrivia, Chronomètre Contemporain II
- Men’s Complication Watch Prize: Hermès, Arceau Le temps voyageur
- Iconic Watch Prize: TAG Heuer, Monaco X Gulf
- Tourbillon Watch Prize: H. Moser & Cie, Pioneer Cylindrical Tourbillon Skeleton
- Calendar and Astronomy Watch Prize: Krayon, Anywhere
- Mechanical Exception Watch Prize: Ferdinand Berthoud, FB 2RSM.2-1
- Chronograph Watch Prize: Grönefeld, 1941 Grönograaf Tantalum
- Diver’s Watch Prize: Tudor, Pelagos FXD
- Jewellery Watch Prize: Bulgari, Serpenti Misteriosi High Jewellery
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize: Voutilainen, Ji-Ku
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize: Trilobe, Nuit Fantastique Dune Edition
- Challenge Watch Prize: M.A.D. Editions, M.A.D.1 Red
- Mechanical Clock Prize: Van Cleef & Arpels, Fontaine Aux Oiseaux automaton
- Innovation Prize: Van Cleef & Arpels, Lady Arpels Heures Florales Cerisier watch
- Audacity Prize: Bulgari, Octo Finissimo Ultra 10th Anniversary
- Chronometry Prize: Grand Seiko, Kodo Constant-force Tourbillon
- “Horological Revelation” Prize: Sylvain Pinaud, Origine
- Special Jury Prize: François Junod, automaton-maker and sculptor